Live Video Capture?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

Is it possible with Premiere Pro to do live video capture? I hav a Canon EOS RP connected via USB to my computer and the software from Canon can operate the camera / capture video but I can't figure out how to do this with Premiere Pro. 

Is this something that I could do with Premiere Rush? (I thought Rush was basically Premiere Elements, renamed.)

Rich

TOPICS
Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021
nope, not via usb,You haven't given us a clue as to what kind of computer you're using or what version of premiere you've got installed.   Once we've got that info, we may be able to suggest some third party cards that might be able to make this work for you.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, not via usb,You haven't given us a clue as to what kind of computer you're using or what version of premiere you've got installed.   Once we've got that info, we may be able to suggest some third party cards that might be able to make this work for you.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey -

I am running the latest version of Premiere Pro 2020, 14.7.0 (Build 23) on a Windows 10 PC.

I actually found the open source project OBS Studio v26.1.1 which allows me to do what I want with my Canon EOS RP.

I'm surprised that Adobe does not have a product that offers this capability since this was the core functionality of the software suite Adobe got when they acquired Serious Magic back in 2006. I guess some of the product offers that were part of that company got mothballed?

Rich

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe programs have never used USB for capture, only Firewire or a 3rd party hardware solution

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines