Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle

New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to load Premiere CS 5.5.2 and it is stuck on "Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle".

I have read through this document, which was recommended by Todd Kopriva, but it does not solve the problem. I only have AC3MovieImport and Perian installed in the Quicktime Library and when I temporarily remove these the problem still occurs. Nothing has changed with a firewall as far as I know.

However, the one thing that changed just before this problem started is that I was reorganizing media files for past projects, so I had to reconnect a lot of files that were offline. I'm not sure how this coud affect the start up of Premiere even when I an opening up without a specific project.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Hi All, I had a similar issue with getting Adobe Media Encoder to load. It kept stalling while trying to load plugin "ExporterQuicktimeHost.prm". What solved it for me was opening the Task Manager (Windows) and killing a process called "quicktimeShim.exe". This process has caused problems with Autodesk Maya as well, when exporting playblast files.

Quick and simple, hope that's a help for anyone else with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal. Yesterday everything was fine. Today, totally stalled on the ExporterQuicktimeHost.

Just got off the phone with Adobe support and they told me to call Apple as it is a permissions problem. That's all he could tell me even though I haven't installed anything or changed my system or updates anything.

We opened my system to the "root" user and the application opened just fine. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I took all the media referenced in the project and moved it to a new folder so it would go offline. I reconnected to the files after deleting an odd file named "LOGICAL VOLUME IDENTIFIER.m4v" and the project loaded finally. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, too!

I tried everything from that old CS5 documentation for AE, that stuff from Todd Kopriva about firewalls and removing QuickTime components, and absolutely nothing has worked. Additionally, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and trashed all relevant preferences in /Library. I've done all this from within the "root" user. I've cleared PRAM on my machine, and repaired and verified all disks involved, to no avail.

Adobe's phone support is baffled.

This has brought my work to a griding halt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on CS6, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens.

This morning, Adobe was able to get Premiere Pro working on the "root" user account, but not any other user.

I called Apple, and with them I repaired the disk permissions and repaired the disk from Lion's repair partition. I also cleared the "Caches" folder from the user Library, and tried in Safe Mode.

A senior support representative at Apple informed me that getting Premiere Pro to work on the root account wasn't helpful, because pretty much anything will work in the root account. He had me create a totally brand new administrative user account, and the application is still hanging on ExporterQuickTimeHost.bundle, so this can't be a permissions problem. This is certainly a problem with the application, because the new user account is a totally fresh environment.

I'll keep you all posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just told me that they do not agree with Apple's assessment that running the application in the root account is meaningless. Adobe told me to call back Apple and have them guide me through "resetting access control" for the specific user account I normally use, "full write for everything."

I am about to call Apple and will report back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please document the step by step for this process as I may have to resort to this as well for AE CS6. Keep stalling on mediacore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I had to let me colleague borrow my computer for something else. I'll be able to continue working on this sometime next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague borrowed my computer last week. I just got it back, and the issue seems to be resolved. I can open up Premiere just fine. I'm not sure what changed, if anything, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't working on fixing this. He didn't need Premiere at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is back, but now for Media Encoder. I'm getting on the phone with Adobe now.

Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS! Apple solved my problem!

Adobe told me to go back to Apple to reset access control.

Here's what Apple had me do, and this worked:

1. Shut down the computer
  2. Power it on, while holding down the Option key
  3. Select "Recovery HD"
  4. Select the language that you want to use
  5. In the menu bar, select "Utilities"
  6. Open Terminal
  7. Be very careful in Terminal, and type "resetpassword" [no quotation marks, no spaces]
  8. Hit Enter
  9. In the window that opens, select "Macintosh HD" as your disk
  10. Select your user account
  11. In the very bottom of this window, where it says "reset ACL," click "Reset" and let it run.
  12. Close the Reset Password app.
  13. Close Terminal.
  14. Shut down.
  15. Turn the computer on, login to your account, and Premiere, Media Encoder, or After Effects should work fine.

To everyone who encounters thread this in the future, I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Any suggestions on how to make this work on Snow Leopard (10.6.8)?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a good article on "How to Repair User Level Permissions" on Snow Leopard which discusses using "reset ACL."

I tried this technique, but still no go. Premier CS6 still hangs on launch at "loading ExportQuickTimeHost.bundle." In addition, both After Effects CS6 and Adobe Media Encoder will not open.

I am dead in the water. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I found this blog post for instructions in Snow Leopard. You'll need your install disc. Aside from requiring an optical disc, it looks pretty similar to what I had to do in Lion.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/how_to_resolve_user-level_permissions_issues_mac_os_x/

Let us know if that works.

-- Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin  --  Am also on 10.6.8 using PPro 5.5; solved this same "Host.bundle" problem with the direction from another Forum post here:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2808379#2808379

Read #22 by another seth (monger) from May 12, 2010.  In the Mac/Library/QuickTime folder, I began deleting odd codecs and after my first attempt, it worked.  Thanks goes to seth.

The QuickTime repair all link has all the tips we need here:  http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might work for some folks, but that didn't work for me. Originally, I actually cleared out all of my codecs, to no avail. Just letting folks know so they can try a few different options.

-- Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried removing all of my codecs and restarting... no good. Then I added back only the Apple codecs and restarting... still no good.

As I noted in post 17 of this thread, I have also tried the "reset ACL" suggestion from Seth. Did not work.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Sorry, didn't see that in the thread. It was the exact same article, too.

What version of Snow Leopard are you running? Adobe says that CS6 will run on Snow Leopard, but you'll need at least Mac OS X v10.6.8.

The nuclear option is a total reinstallation of the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seth,

Here's the latest twist. Since removing codecs from my Mac/Library/QuickTime folder didn't work, I took a look in my username/Library/QuickTime folder and removed the two files I found there... Voila, after a restart, PP and AE will now both successfully launch!

Below are the names of the files I removed.

AC3MovieImport.component

Perian.component

I have to admit, I am not the least bit confident this is going to last. I'm just soooo greatful I wasn't in the middle of a major project.

Thanks again for your advice.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes -- those were exactly the two I also deleted.  However, I don't have the QT folder in my Library, perhaps because I'm on an XSan shared system.  Glad you're up & going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this...I renamed the file in the QuickTime directory and moved them to a subdir I called TEST...tried to resart PP ... froze again.

Do I have to DELETE the files or is renaming them enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about re-installing PP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I GOT IT...I went to MAC/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/... SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS ... look into Common/ ... then delete the import and export Quicktime bundles and everything works again.

I have don't that before.  I don't know why the files are back...what made them come back.

-Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Flip4Mac and it solved the issue for me.

Of course I'd rather be able to play WMVs in QuickTime....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines