Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle

New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to load Premiere CS 5.5.2 and it is stuck on "Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle".

I have read through this document, which was recommended by Todd Kopriva, but it does not solve the problem. I only have AC3MovieImport and Perian installed in the Quicktime Library and when I temporarily remove these the problem still occurs. Nothing has changed with a firewall as far as I know.

However, the one thing that changed just before this problem started is that I was reorganizing media files for past projects, so I had to reconnect a lot of files that were offline. I'm not sure how this coud affect the start up of Premiere even when I an opening up without a specific project.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Hi All, I had a similar issue with getting Adobe Media Encoder to load. It kept stalling while trying to load plugin "ExporterQuicktimeHost.prm". What solved it for me was opening the Task Manager (Windows) and killing a process called "quicktimeShim.exe". This process has caused problems with Autodesk Maya as well, when exporting playblast files.

Quick and simple, hope that's a help for anyone else with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wheaty_UK.... that's what I did, uninstalled flipformac, and for whatever reason everything works fine now. thank you, thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any positive results/ updates with that method Seth? I've had the same issue for 2 days now. Let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I used "Solution 2" from this Adobe page and was successful.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

I originally had tried to do this about a month ago, but it looked like there were no plugins in the Library/Quicktime folder. This time when I checked though, there were several plugins.

I moved all the plugins to a temporary folder on the desktop and restarted Premiere. It loaded no problem. I then started to place back some of the plugins one by one and restarted Premiere each time to see if the problem still existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, that's really good to know - can you tell us which Quicktime Component(s) you think might have been involved? Also perhaps if there were any clues in the Console that might point the finger at what was causing the Adobe QT32 Server grief?

Thanks,

-EricS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric -- Deleted four components, "AC3MovieImport" and "Flip4Mac WMV Advanced/Export/Import.components"  Corrected the Host.bundle launch problem -- PremierPro 5.5 back up & running. 

Thanks for the explanation & fix!  A big help.

Side note: Still have many editing codec compinents within QT folder, including some from Apple and DVCProHD, that I use dauly,  Checked out on a second MacPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue periodically on CS5.5 and now on CS6, very frustrating. I would typically fix it by what bdaul said in #27, then I would replace the 2 QT.bundle files with the same named files from the Package Contents of the Media Encoder and that seemed to work SOMETIMES. But on CS6 the problem seemed impossible to fix. Then I found on another forum (can't remember which one) that a person said they repared their Mac HD disk permissions 3x and it worked. So I did it once, no go, then I did it 3 more consecutive times and restarted and that worked. I HOPE that is a more permanant solution! This really seems like an Adobe issue.

Also, this whole issue started to happen with CS6 as soon as I installed the PPro & Encore Functional Content. Then I immediately had the loading issue and Encore would open but freeze with the lovely beachball. The Disk Permissions has fixed both issues.

Good luck!

Dan

27" iMac (early 2010), Snow Leopard 10.6.8, CS6 Master Collection (via cloud subscription)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried repairing permissions etc I established that I could open Premiere Pro CS5.5 using the Root account. I then created a new admin user account - the application openened fine in that. I then switched back to my usual (admin) account and Premiere opened perfectly in that. Can't explain it, but it worked! Maybe coincidence as the problem has solved itself before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem with Premiere Elements 11. I used "find any file.app" to search for "QuickTimeHost.bundle" and it found both the exporter and importer. I deleted them both and PE ran.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a bit reluctant to reply. I tried many of the above solutions. I removed the components as suggested, not helpful, so I put them back. I restarted again and both applications worked. Not really very scientific and really it shouldn't have helped. (I did restart holding down the Option Key but didn't get the 'Recovery HD' there are 4 bootable drives installed but I just picked my normal HD (terminal didn't know what I was talking about) For what it's worth.(CS6/10.75)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I had a similar issue with getting Adobe Media Encoder to load. It kept stalling while trying to load plugin "ExporterQuicktimeHost.prm". What solved it for me was opening the Task Manager (Windows) and killing a process called "quicktimeShim.exe". This process has caused problems with Autodesk Maya as well, when exporting playblast files.

Quick and simple, hope that's a help for anyone else with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting on that solution, JD Heiden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I killed quicktime helper and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was reading this thread, premiere finally broke through this same issue. It finally loaded. I just let it sit while I was reading and bam! It works! 😃 So this might be another solution, if you have the patience. Premiere took about 5-10m to finally load up passed this ExporterQuicktimeHost stall and open fine!  No emoji for relieved, so #relieved =D ...ok, I was hoping it would only go through this once, but looks like everytime I would have to wait.

Another update, now it works fine. I just let the program run until it works through the ExporterQuicktimeHost stall. And now after letting it just run it's course, it works fine. No more stalling! Just be patient through the waiting through the couple of stalls, and it works now, at least for me. 😃 Hope you have the same success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset ACL password and reinstall didnt solve my problem. only way i found to fix it for me - right click Premiere - Show package content - Contents - Plug-ins AND delete exporterquicktimehost.bundle, also was deleted Importerquicktimehost.bundle for sure. and then Premiere starts fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines