• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm v15 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Premiere Pro v15 2021 does not load. It gets stuck on the splash screen when loading ImporterQuickTime.prm

I have found several links to this issue here in the community and elsewhere all with SOLVED answers. 

But no matter what I try it isn't solved for me. 

I have tried:

uninstalling / reinstalling

deleting the JSON file from Essential Sounds folder

deleting v15 from Premier Pro folder

disabled the Intel graphics card as one video suggested but no luck

opening as administrator

clearing cache and preferences

plus a bunch of other stuff.

Initially I had this issue....  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/loading-stutter-prm-premiere-pro-will-not-load/m-p/11925...

and found an uninstall.exe file to uninstall the plugins used in v14.9, since then I get the ImporterQuickTime.prm issue.

It really shouldn't be this hard to update to v15!!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a fresh OS install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if that doesn't work?

No, I won't be reinstalling the OS.

There should be absolutely no need to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lewis,

Sorry. Oddly, I've found that the warning usually has nothing to do with QuickTime, it has to do with things loading in the background beginning with the letter after the letter "Q," whichis the letter "R," which could be something like a plug in, say, from Red Giant or Re:Vision. Maybe an audio plug-in? If you have any plug-ins, or used any trials in the past, you may need to run uninstallers from those companies. Can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Appreciate you chiming in on this. Not sure the alphabetical thing works here. 

I have removed all additional 3rd party plug-ins (incidentally, when happens if I get this running, can I then install those 3rd party plug-ins issue-free?)

It still hangs on ImporterQuickTime.prm 

So I go to this directory... C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2021\Plug-Ins\Common

And rename the plugins that it hangs on.

1. ImporterQuickTime.prm  
  2. ImporterRed.prm
  3. ExporterQuickTime.prm
  4. PlayerMediaCore.prm
  5. Wraptor.prm

It then hangs on TSStrider.dll - I rename this and the application won't load at all, let alone hang when loading.

I'm really frustrated at not being able to solve this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewis,

You're right. It shouldn't be this hard. However, from time to time, certain things can go wrong with an installation of a major new version of Premiere Pro. If you are getting these sort of errors, I would first recommend running the Adobe Cleaner app to blow away any gremlins and reinstall the application. If that doesn't work, then yes, a reinstallation of the OS and the applications might be the solution. 

Let us know what happens after running Cleaner.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I just wanted to advise you that this is not an acceptable solution for your corporate partners in the broadcasting industry. In fact, reimaging a system to solve this issue often has the issue crop back up within a single day of usage.

This is absolutely unacceptable. Our IT department cannot be troubleshooting this issue daily for users. You need to step it up.

Thanks,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Charles.

I  have however figured a work around but it took some time. 

I created a Microsoft new user profile on my laptop and signed in as that user, installed Adobe Creative cloud and instaled Premiere Pro v15.4.1 and have been using it daily since without issue.

I gradually transfered files over to the new profile and came to a point where I wasn't dipping back and forth between profile that I now only use the new profile.

As new releases are pushed through the CC app, I'd be very reluctant to install a later version unless it had a particularly cool new feature - at least I know I can create a new profile to access the update, but I really shouldn't need to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, all of our edit bays are domain joined devices, so it's not as simple as creating a new user account here. 

We can purge the existing user account, but this issue will always come back.

Frankly, it's embarrassing for Adobe that I can track this issue as far back as 2015, yet we're still without a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain Charles.

It is embarrassing for Adobe and embarrassing for us users who continue to pay a monthly subscription.

I might add that I also run an iMac with Final Cut Pro X - one off payment for the software years ago - never had an issue since.

Come on Adobe, sort it out please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewis,

Glad you sorted it out on your side by using another user account. One thing I like to try is some troubleshooting on the folder permissions side of things everytime there's a major OS drop or an update to Premiere Pro. I do this on the macOS side, and I never have the problem of QuickTime.prm, which happens to Mac users too. I suggest adding folder permissions reset to R/W as a standard troubleshooting task to perform on a monthly basis, or as I said, when major changes occur to the OS or to Creative Cloud. Making sure your user is running as an Admin helps on the Windows side, from what I understand.

I hope these maintenance steps help you prevent getting the issue in the future.

It is embarrassing for Adobe and embarrassing for us users who continue to pay a monthly subscription.

I might add that I also run an iMac with Final Cut Pro X - one off payment for the software years ago - never had an issue since.

Come on Adobe, sort it out please 

This is a user to user support forum, with no participation from the product team. I'm just the mod. Please take this feedback here: Premiere Pro User Voice

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles,

Frankly, it's embarrassing for Adobe that I can track this issue as far back as 2015, yet we're still without a real solution.

I agree with you. Definitely leave this feedback on User Voice: Premiere Pro User Voice

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charles,

Sorry about that. Sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue that others were facing several months ago.

"This is not an acceptable solution for your corporate partners in the broadcasting industry."

"Reimaging a system to solve this issue often has the issue crop back up within a single day of usage."

"This is absolutely unacceptable."

"Our IT department cannot be troubleshooting this issue daily for users."

You need to step it up.

I understand that you're upset. It's just that this is a user to user forum, the product team does not read expressly participate in these forums. Apolgies for that.

I'm in support, I moderate these forums, and not part of the Premiere Pro team at all. You'd need to head over to user voice to make your complaint heard to the product team: Premiere Pro User Voice

I can try and help you solve your issue. I can usually solve things by just repairing permissions to the various folders used by Creative Cloud, which is what I do for standard troubleshooting, in addition to cleaning the media cache, resetting permissions, reparing disk permissions, etc.

I am so sorry this happens to you. I never get this QuickTime.prm warning and I edit things on a daily basis in my own time on macOS (the issue occurs on some Macs too).

I wonder if regular maintenance is the key to preventing this gremlin from occurring on my part. Do you do anything for regular maintenance before updating anything? Sorry that I do not know your routine, I do not mean to call your computer skills into question, OK? 🙂

Not sure if similar actions would prevent that happening on the PC side. Running the app as "Admin" is a top problem solver, as well. Have you tried that yet? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you're upset. It's just that this is a user to user forum, the product team does not read expressly participate in these forums. Apolgies for that.

I'm not upset, but I am disappointed.

Professional troubleshooters Google as much as anyone, and when the first fix people come across is doing a fresh install of Windows, it's telling.

I'm in support, I moderate these forums, and not part of the Premiere Pro team at all. You'd need to head over to user voice to make your complaint heard to the product team: Premiere Pro User Voice

As am I. I have to support hundreds of machines with Premiere installed. So I'm not an end user either. I have no recommendations to the developers on what to add other than eliminating bugs instead of adding features.

You are suggesting that I post here as well, correct?

I can try and help you solve your issue. I can usually solve things by just repairing permissions to the various folders used by Creative Cloud, which is what I do for standard troubleshooting, in addition to cleaning the media cache, resetting permissions, reparing disk permissions, etc.

I've already gone through these steps, but since I'm sure this will occur for another end user, I will give it another shot.

I wonder if regular maintenance is the key to preventing this gremlin from occurring on my part. Do you do anything for regular maintenance before updating anything? Sorry that I do not know your routine, I do not mean to call your computer skills into question, OK? 🙂

Not sure if similar actions would prevent that happening on the PC side. Running the app as "Admin" is a top problem solver, as well. Have you tried that yet? 

So to give you a little perspective, all of my systems are domain joined and have important updates pushed via SCCM. As a local IT engineer, I keep a very close eye on things like driver and firmware versions as well, so I really doubt it's anything like that. I'll add the most recent system this happened to was fleshly imaged so it seems to be happening to systems that are practically brand new.

As for running it as an administrator, it does actually result in opening the program under the administrator account if the system has a local administrator account enabled. Same if you use any other privileged account, but you have to understand, we can't just be handing out local administrator passwords after forcing the program to launch as administrator.

I do eagerly await your response Kevin. I've elevated the issue here with the sysadmins at corporate to see if any other stations have encountered this issue. If I find a fix, I'll report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charles,

Sorry about all this. I would recommend you get ahold of Enterprise Support. The users here are typically single license users and do not face a lot of the issues faced by IT pros like yourself.  Here's the main landing page for Enterprise Support. Call them or chat with them, and I'm sure they'll help. I will continue to advocate for a fix of the overall QuickTime.prm issue, if I can.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/enterprise-support-programs.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines