Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm v15 2021

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Premiere Pro v15 2021 does not load. It gets stuck on the splash screen when loading ImporterQuickTime.prm

I have found several links to this issue here in the community and elsewhere all with SOLVED answers. 

But no matter what I try it isn't solved for me. 

I have tried:

uninstalling / reinstalling

deleting the JSON file from Essential Sounds folder

deleting v15 from Premier Pro folder

disabled the Intel graphics card as one video suggested but no luck

opening as administrator

clearing cache and preferences

plus a bunch of other stuff.

Initially I had this issue....  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/loading-stutter-prm-premiere-pro-will-not-load/m-p/11925...

and found an uninstall.exe file to uninstall the plugins used in v14.9, since then I get the ImporterQuickTime.prm issue.

It really shouldn't be this hard to update to v15!!!!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a fresh OS install?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if that doesn't work?

No, I won't be reinstalling the OS.

There should be absolutely no need to do that. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lewis,

Sorry. Oddly, I've found that the warning usually has nothing to do with QuickTime, it has to do with things loading in the background beginning with the letter after the letter "Q," whichis the letter "R," which could be something like a plug in, say, from Red Giant or Re:Vision. Maybe an audio plug-in? If you have any plug-ins, or used any trials in the past, you may need to run uninstallers from those companies. Can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Appreciate you chiming in on this. Not sure the alphabetical thing works here. 

I have removed all additional 3rd party plug-ins (incidentally, when happens if I get this running, can I then install those 3rd party plug-ins issue-free?)

It still hangs on ImporterQuickTime.prm 

So I go to this directory... C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2021\Plug-Ins\Common

And rename the plugins that it hangs on.

1. ImporterQuickTime.prm  
  2. ImporterRed.prm
  3. ExporterQuickTime.prm
  4. PlayerMediaCore.prm
  5. Wraptor.prm

It then hangs on TSStrider.dll - I rename this and the application won't load at all, let alone hang when loading.

I'm really frustrated at not being able to solve this. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewis,

You're right. It shouldn't be this hard. However, from time to time, certain things can go wrong with an installation of a major new version of Premiere Pro. If you are getting these sort of errors, I would first recommend running the Adobe Cleaner app to blow away any gremlins and reinstall the application. If that doesn't work, then yes, a reinstallation of the OS and the applications might be the solution. 

Let us know what happens after running Cleaner.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines