• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock in time?

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is lots of info available on the Sync Lock and Track Lock features of Premiere Pro but neither of these do the simple obvious thing that I need. I want to lock a clip in time so it cannot be moved (right or left) but I still need all other editing fuctions (alter effects, etc). This is essential when working on music videos with many video tracks that must stay in sync (time) with a single audio track. A little accidental mouse drag and a clip is out of sync, and you might not notice until hours later and your timeline is now a mess. Locking the track is much too severe - I still need to edit effects and do other things on the clip, just don't allow it to move in time.

Adobe Audition has a simple right-click "Lock in time" feature that does exactly this - prevents the clip from being bumped in time, but otherwise does not prevent any other editing.

I have seen this ask before, but it gets all mixed up in Track Lock which is not the right solution for the common problem of accidental clip movement in time.

Is there a way to do this I am not aware of?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At present there is no way to lock a track only in time. This was a feature request I put in some time a go but reference to it seems to have been lost in the transition to the new forum.

Please add your idea to the feature request page, the shortcut to which I can't find but this might work

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?filter=hot&page=4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines