• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lock together motion of two clips

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two clips which I want to animate as follows.  For a while the objects in the two clips move independently (a glass flies through the air into a characters hand); After that point the character is to move about while holding the glass in his hand.  Is there a way the two clips can animate independently as usual until the key frame when they join up, then lock the motion of the glass clip to that of the character clip so they move in l,ock step under control of the character clip?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

If you're trying to do this in Premiere you'll need to put the two clips you want to animate together in a nest and then animate the properties on the nest.

You can also try adding an Adjustment Layer with a Transform effect and animate the properties of the Transform effect. Mind you, this will effect all the layers beneath it, so you if you have a background or anything else you don't want moved then this won't work - you'd need to go with the nesting option. Those are the two best ideas I hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to do this in Premiere or in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier done with parenting in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no doubt, since AE is top in class for animation.  But I'm hoping not to take on learning a new program I'm not likely to use again just for this small project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to do this in Premiere you'll need to put the two clips you want to animate together in a nest and then animate the properties on the nest.

You can also try adding an Adjustment Layer with a Transform effect and animate the properties of the Transform effect. Mind you, this will effect all the layers beneath it, so you if you have a background or anything else you don't want moved then this won't work - you'd need to go with the nesting option. Those are the two best ideas I have off the cuff for doing it in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Phillip.  Just what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines