• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock / Unlock audio or video track

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised after searching the forum that this question hasn't already come up.

I checked the sample and reflections but could not find any methods that would allow me to lock or unlock specific tracks, much like the setMute() / isMuted() code in the sample.

Do we have this capability? Would be a huge help.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

No one has yet requested that capability.

Could you provide an overview (from the user's perspective) of what you'd like to do, that you're prevented from doing by the inability to lock tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has yet requested that capability.

Could you provide an overview (from the user's perspective) of what you'd like to do, that you're prevented from doing by the inability to lock tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a large team environment, sometimes a track will get locked throughout the editing process (we deal with many in-house editors, and a lot of outside contractors). My team has built macros for use in speeding up our workflow, but these macros get thrown off if a track is locked. It would be nice to target sequences in a bin, and unlock all tracks within those sequences.

Its not so much the ability to lock tracks that is needed. We need access to undo the lock if some editors use that in their workflow. I am surprised to here that this is the first time it has been requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense; I can imagine other applications for such powers.

We're tracking the request as PPro backlog item B-125363, "Provide API for locking and unlocking tracks"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this might be an old topic, but I would also love this functionality.  I have spent hours using autohotkey to find a work around fo the lack of this feature, but it's finicky at best.  I use my keyboard to target tracks all the time, but I would love to have this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to find lock track via reflect API:
track.setLocked() // 0 unlock, 1 for lock

Also track.isLocked property is available.

Tested and verified in PP 14.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines