Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo positions and clarity

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I am adding 4 logos to a video in Premiere but I want them to be as clear as possible, and also the same size as well as position. After adding the logos as layers, I click on Editing-->Scale and tried to set them to the same uniformed height and width. All three logos are different pixel sizes, so if I set one to 20.0 for example, the other won't appear as the same size when set to the same scale. Is there a way to set them all to the same size without having to eyeball them on the screen? Also, they appear to be blurry when I export as media. Upon playback of the video, the logos don't look as sharp as they should.

Logo details are as follows:
Logo 1 - 500x375

Logo 2 - 971x691

Logo 3 - 770x248

Logo 4 - 130x130

Please kindly advise. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the originals are different sizes, there's no easy way to scale them all to the same apparent size on-screen. Though you can create some guide lines in Premiere Pro to help in scaling and positioning each logo so they are the same size:

Using rulers and guides in the program monitor (documentation)

How it works:

1. In the Program Monitor, add 3 buttons for creating guides using the Button Editor.
    • Show Rulers
    • Show Guides
    • Snap in Program Monitor
    • You can also enable these options from the new “View” menu
  2. From the Rulers, drag guides into place as you see fit for aligning text and graphics directly in the Program Monitor.

As to why they are appearing blurry exported ... not sure. More info needed on your sequence settings and export settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the information! I'm currently exporting in Windows Media format at HD 1080p 29.97. Not too clear as to which are my sequence settings. I chose this form of exporting because it appeared to me the clearest of them all. Also, I am converting the file to mp4 after it is exported from Premier with another program. I'm a novice in Premier and don't know how to export to mp4 while conserving clarity and audio. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Media is getting rather obselete.

You can export directly to mp4 in Pr. Converting wont do the image quality any good.

Post screenshot sequence setting and video propeties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sequence settings for adobe post.JPGPlease take a look at the settings and video properties.

Thanks again.video properties.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is 1280x720 and your sequence is 720x480. So no wonder its blurry.

Set editing mode to custom and change the parameters to the same value as the video.

field none, aspect ratio 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first post of sequence settings is for a new project, which is wrong. Below is the post of sequence settings for the current project I am referencing.  Video properties also remain the same as previous post.sequence settings video project.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be clear, the blurriness is occuring more in the logos (layers) than in the actual footage. I bring the footage to Premier, add the logos as layers, then export. The logos are the objects that are appearing with some blur. Should I convert the footage before adding the logos or do I convert the exported video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't scale the logo's up only down if necessary.

Dont convert the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which export format do you recommend to get the highest image quality of the logos in the video in Premier?  Below is a screenshot of my choices. Thanks.

export settings.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common export format is H.264 with a Youtube preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks so much to everyone for all their help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed when working with another with video lower resolution (640x360), the logos appear blurrier than in the previous video of much higher resoltion (1280x720). This happens even with logos of higher resolution than indicated above. Do the layers adapt to the resoltion of the video? If so, is there a way to make them independent from the current video resoltion? What I'm looking to accomplish is having the logos appear in hi-res despite the resoltion of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on the quality of the logo and the resolution.

You need to post screenshots as of now its all gueswork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure what kind of screenshots do you need to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines