Long paragraph text in Essential Graphics Panel not working properly

Contributor ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue creating long credit rolls in Essential Graphics Panel.

I need (and I have to believe others do as well) is be able to copy and paste a credit list for a credit roll. I have been told, that long credit rolls are possible in EGP, but the text has to be in separate layers. In the old title tool, you could create a paragraph text box and copy and paste your credit list from a formatted MS Word document and the formatting would follow. However, in EGP I am clicking and dragging the text box to create a paragraph text box, and when I try to paste all my text into that box, it pastes the first part. As I drag the bottom of the box to increase the paragraph box size and include all the text, with every expansion of the text box, the graphics panel becomes less and less responsive, to the point where it pretty much grinds to a halt.

To better illustrate what I am wanting to do; imagine I am doing a 200-300 - line credit roll for a feature film. Now, this information comes to me in a formatted word document. Previously, in the title tool, I could simply copy from the document and paste into a "paragraph" text box and the formatting would follow. Now, say I need to add about 12 lines to the credit roll, halfway through. Unless I am wrong, with EGP, I cannot easily do that.
In EGP, I could not have done it this simply in the first place, I would have had to paste the credit roll into SEVERAL layers to get all 200 to 300 lines of credits. Then, if I needed to add more lines, I would have had to shuffle all the layers below the addition down and re-align everything. With the old title tool, I could have simply pasted them in and dragged the size of the paragraph box down at the end of the roll to include the new lines.

Is there a way to put this functionality into EGP or is there an easy way to do this copy/paste 200 line credit roll in EGP that I am missing?

Oh and yes, I have already tried not doing paragraph text and just pasting on the screen. Again, the single layer overloads and does not allow for all the text.

Thanks!

PPro 15.2.0 Build 35. Windows10/64 32GB RAM, 6-core Intel i7, GTX 1080 with current drivers.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a performance issue when you hit high line counts. One option could be build your roller in After Effects where the performace seems to be better. You could also look at setting up a data driven roller - search for 'Data-Driven End Credit Roll' in the Essential Graphics Templates for an example. I've not really tried this performance wise but it's worth a look.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could be wrong on this because I am quite new to editing, but since you are finishing whatever you are working on, I am guessing you already have a big chunk of a bunch of work before the credits part. You could use another editor or maybe make a new project and make only the credits in there and export to import it into your original video/chunk of video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines