• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing audio sync with long clips

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is regarding Premiere Pro CS5.5...I know it is old but it is what I own :).

I am trying to import a three hour clip that is 23.976024 fps CFR (according to FFMPEG). Whenever I do this the audio starts out perfectly in sync but after 3 hours of footage it is out of sync by a couple seconds, the audio is leading the video.

The project shows the clip as 23.97 fps. If I try and interpret footage and "Assume this frame rate" to the exact rate but the value is automatically rounded off. I have also tried "New Sequence From Clip". If I convert the clip to exactly 24 fps and import it into a 24 fps project, the audio is synced throughout. Obviously I would rather not have to do this.

I know I have done this before with a similar clips with fractional fps values and it worked fine...but maybe it was with CS3 non CS5.5...it was years ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

TOPICS
Audio , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brandon,

I would try transcoding the footage in Handbrake. See if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines