Highlighted

Losing picture aspect when zooming

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I don't know if this is because I started this project in a previous version of PP CC or what.  Last night I was doing the final previews of my timelines for a project and that is when I noticed it.  In the timeline sequence, I had a picture of our daughter running track.  As the picture comes on screen I zoom in on the picture to get a closer look.  However, when I run the Effects/Motion/Scale up above 50%, the picture aspect gets all weird.  In the picture when I scaled up past 50% everyone looked short and fat (think umpalumpas).  I quickly turned to the internet and found I wasn't the only one but some of the posts online were from over two years ago.  Does anyone know if upgrading to the newest PP CC would mess with the scale aspect on zooming in greater than 50%?  I do a ton of zooming in and out and have never had an issue quite like this.  I'm rolling back from 14.5 to 14.3 and seeing if that works.  I've attached a picture for you to understand my frustration.

If someone has a quick fix, please let me know.

Just in case anyone asks:

◀ Sequence Settings:
👉Editing Mode: HDV 1080p

👉Display format:  29.97 fps Drop-Frame timecode

👉Width:  1440
👉Height:  1080

👉Picture dimensions:  2448 x 3264 

Thanks for your help,

RandyAspect ratio issues with zooming - motion_scale.png

UPDATE:  I just rolled back to 14.3 and it works like a charm.  Now, I will miss out on all the advantages and upgrades (and "fixes") in versions 14.4 and 14.5.

I find myself having to do this quite often if I don't complete a project before CC updates and downloads the "supposed" latest and greatest newest version.  LOL

Randy

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Losing picture aspect when zooming

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I don't know if this is because I started this project in a previous version of PP CC or what.  Last night I was doing the final previews of my timelines for a project and that is when I noticed it.  In the timeline sequence, I had a picture of our daughter running track.  As the picture comes on screen I zoom in on the picture to get a closer look.  However, when I run the Effects/Motion/Scale up above 50%, the picture aspect gets all weird.  In the picture when I scaled up past 50% everyone looked short and fat (think umpalumpas).  I quickly turned to the internet and found I wasn't the only one but some of the posts online were from over two years ago.  Does anyone know if upgrading to the newest PP CC would mess with the scale aspect on zooming in greater than 50%?  I do a ton of zooming in and out and have never had an issue quite like this.  I'm rolling back from 14.5 to 14.3 and seeing if that works.  I've attached a picture for you to understand my frustration.

If someone has a quick fix, please let me know.

Just in case anyone asks:

◀ Sequence Settings:
👉Editing Mode: HDV 1080p

👉Display format:  29.97 fps Drop-Frame timecode

👉Width:  1440
👉Height:  1080

👉Picture dimensions:  2448 x 3264 

Thanks for your help,

RandyAspect ratio issues with zooming - motion_scale.png

UPDATE:  I just rolled back to 14.3 and it works like a charm.  Now, I will miss out on all the advantages and upgrades (and "fixes") in versions 14.4 and 14.5.

I find myself having to do this quite often if I don't complete a project before CC updates and downloads the "supposed" latest and greatest newest version.  LOL

Randy

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do some searching here.  this seems to be a bug but there are several workarounds.  since I haven't seen the problem, I can't remember the solution.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, do some searching here.  There is a workaround.  Forgive the atheist for quoting "the lord helps those that help themselves."  Or maybe someone who's more generous with their time will pipe up with the answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, until someone comes up with a solution, I'll stay at the 14.3 version until I'm done editing and finished exporting this video.  Hopefully, when I move on to the next year's video, I won't find the same issues.  I wanted to try a couple of tricks using some of the new items in 14.5 (and eventually the Beta version).  But oh well, for now I'll stay back a version or two.  I bet this is the main reason Adobe allows people to download older versions.

As a Christian I would have to say, "I'd take help from wherever and whoever can provide."

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0