• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of quality after exporting

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loss of Quality.JPGSo I got a new camera and the video quality is much better than my previous one which is great but now I am noticing that when I export my videos the quality drops. The video just seems duller, the colors look flat and the edges of everything are slightly blurred almost like it is slightly out of focus. Here are my settings. I have tried everything I can think of and looked at many websites and nothing seems to work. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Settings.JPG

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

That would indicate that it is being exported correctly and that the difference is in the player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to get the exported video inside premiere pro and watch it there at full res playback, is it the same?

are the colors there washed out too? which color space are you using inside premiere pro?

you cannot test colors on external players(different color space)... try not to use maximum render quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premeire.JPG

Now I am even more confused. I put the exported video in Premiere and when I view it in the source window it looks blury and faded but when I drop the video in a sequence it looks perfect again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to uncheck use maximum render quality, this will increase export time and

won't be of much use if there is not much motion in your frame, if scaling is bad or if you see 

banding and artifacts.. also, you are exporting to Full HD, maybe a bitrate of 10 is enough?

try also 1 pass VBR. What camera did you use? can you tell us more about the footage specs?

you are on software only encoding, which means for these specific custom settings, premiere pro

is not using GPU acceleration, try lowering the bitrate or export to another format like 

QuickTime GoPro Cineform yuv 10 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try not to uncheck use maximum render quality

I think you meant:

try not to uncheck use maximum render quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly.. thanks! typo corrected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything you suggested and the video still looks the same after exporting. I fillmed on a Canon m50. The footage is 1920x1080 at 24fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I drop the video in a sequence it looks perfect again

Is the video the exported video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I exported the video then made a new project and put the exported video in premiere. When I watched the exported video in the source window it looked bad and when I dropped the exported video into a new sequence the video cleared up and looked great again. I hope that made since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would indicate that it is being exported correctly and that the difference is in the player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I upload it to YouTube should the quality be correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If exported in the proper format and if YouTube doesn't do something to the file, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded it to YouTube and it looks like it does in Premiere except the colors are the tinest bit darker but thats fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im still confused why the same video looks bad on the source monitor and good on the program monitor,

while both monitors are set to full playback quality. Did you try to trash premiere pro preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure it out. Once I uploaded the video to YouTube the quality and colors (except a bit darker) cleared up and looked like it does in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured it out. I turned Pasued Playback to full and turned on High Quality Playback in the source monitor and both monitors match now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines