• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all label colors

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today (4.6.2018) and as expected I'm running into several issues.

I use label colors in my timeline to visually differentiate from interviews, b-roll, etc. I opened my project this morning and boom all of my labels are gone. No big deal, I re-added them fairly quickly. Worked for a few hours, closed down for lunch, came back and boom gone again. What's the point of labels if you can't retain them?

Also, when I label a certain clip in one timeline that doesn't transfer over into another. I used to be able to label the interview in a scratch sequence and it would change that label color in any sequence that clip was in. Not the case anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

@dannyc85934510

Make new project import old one, that will restore the labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt work, but thatnks for the guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that updates have come and gone and this issue is not fixed is completely unacceptable. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply put Adobe doesn't not GAF about customer experience. Issues like this are frequent and neglected, and their tech support typically doesn't even know how to operate Premiere, they're looking up solutions just like we might on their website, and often give horrendiously wrong answers...after wasting hours of time. Adobe is not a good company—I wish I could find an alternative, but this is how a-holes behave when they've cornered the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have they cornered the market?  there are 3 major players besides adobe afik.  Avid, Apple, and BlackMagicDesign.  take your pick.   If you're venting about label colors, there's a simple solution here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you're an Adobe Community Pro, while I'm not sure if that means you work for Adobe, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Here's my problem with your suggestion:  if I want to use FCP X, then there are problems when working with the motion grahic artists who use After Effects...or using templates that we've created. Same with Resolve. But, maybe this has been solved and I'm not aware of it?

Last I heared AVID was off the table—Premiere has become industry standard (another way of saying "cornered the market"); but again, AVID is going to present the same issue as cited above.

Of course, maybe we just have different undertandings of the term "cornered the market". I'll tell you though that 100% of the editors I've worked with in the past 4 years are on Premiere, and my big ad agency client started requiring it—to me, that seems an awful like cornering the market.

The Creative Cloud would be awesome if Adobe just paid proper mind to a) not releaseing updates that are riddled with bugs (this was even mentioned in the documentary about Adobe); and b) your tech support actually knew what the heck they're doing—I've had them screw up my computer, waste hours and hours only to have a new tech present a simple solution in a matter of minutes; make completely absured suggestions; and have been spoken to in an unprofessional manor by a tech. I've complained and complained but in the 5 years I've subscribed there have been ZERO improvements in support.

But, I do want to compliment since I'm doing all this bitching. It's amazing that Premiere remembers renders even when changes have been made in a sequence. And, they stepped in when Apple basically abandoned us FCP editors with FCP X, and their softwar does a lot of amazing things—I just wish it had less flaws, and there was more care paid to customer experience.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond—thanks even more if you're able to pass my gripes along to someone who can do something about it...unless of course, they're ill informed, in that case, I'll gladly accept any helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all being an adobe community professional means is that adobe recognizes my level of experetise from monitoring my contributions here in this forum.    I was commited to fcp7 and was one of the top posters on the apple forum until apple dumped us.    Not sure why avid's off the table.  It's the standard for features and shared media environments although adobe's made some big progress here.  

I work on pretty complicated documentary projects without any serious issues and also provide support for a number of clients who work in premiere.   Part of the reason I don't have serious issues is that I monitor this forum on a regular basis so I can anticipate to a certain extent what can go wrong and avoid the common pitfalls.   I've never needed to call adobe support so I can't speak to that experience but it seems to be an issue with almost every major piece of software and hardware...  When I used to have an avid, (which I paid about $50,000 for) the first year of support was included.  After that it cost $3000 a year (which did include some hardware replacement of your avid supplied equipment failed).  and even then, the support was not always as good as what you could find online from fellow users which is what happens here. Don't know if it's changed at apple, but back with the support forum for fcp7, there was no overt presence from apple employees.  kinda sucked.  We've got Kevin Monahan who does a great job and other adobe employees will pipe up every once in a while. 

I really don't know who to pass your problem on to but don't think saying adobe doesn't GAF is specific enough.   do some searching here and you'll find how to report bugs and make feature requests. of just create a new thread with a subject "how do I report a bug and make a feature request." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't think saying Adobe doesn't GAF is specific enough." Gave me a laugh (thanks)!

As far as AVID being off the table, I did a movie a few years ago and the post sup indicated something to that efffect, and it's been over a decade since I've heard of anyone using it—the Creative Cloud aparently matched it's work flow capabilities—but I admit mine's a limited perspective. Now that I know your background, I'm forced to reconsider whether they actually have "cornered the market".

I appreciate you taking the time to provide another thoughtful response. I wasn't expecting anything, other venting, and hoping an Adobe rep would come across my comment (I'm aware of the report bug and make feature request options but didn't have time to consider it). I admire your ability to put time in and just to have to have the gumption to monitor these threads.

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me! I didn't even close my project! I had two sequences open and I clicked on one to copy some clips and then I went back to the other timeline and POOF - all labels gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is stealing several hours away from me. Has anyone figured out what is happening and how to fix it. ADOBE! Fewer versions with more consitency please. The fact that I have to loose a function I rely on every time you update is rediculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me, too! All of a sudden, out of nowhere, after editing for hours upon hours, my color labels just disappeared. This Support thread dates back to 2018 -- it's now 2020, and the same problem still exists. Readding color labels is such a tedious waste of time -- another Premiere Pro version shouldn't be released until this bug is fixed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me today for the first time ever. I've been working on Premiere for years and then all of a sudden my label colors have disappeared. I'm a guy who uses label colors a lot. I watched youtube vids, read forums and nothing helps. I deleted my media cache and rebooted Premiere but still to no avail. I haven't done anything different today than before so I'm confused. I haven't even updated my Mac OS because I heard the latest update is not a good one for editors. I had label colors this morning and all of a sudden now at 12:30pm, I don't have them. I didn't tnink something as simple as missing label colors would bother me but I am a little upset about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same has happened to me today after running the latest update yesterday.

You cannot see the colours on seq/ footage etc in the project window  - however, if you drag a labeled clip into the time line you can see its colour there.

Can this be fixed asap as I use colour code/ labels a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to the previous version where the feature was working until adobe does an update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dannyc85934510

Make new project import old one, that will restore the labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done - that works fine thank you. How frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow that worked. weird! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing the old project into a new one did not solve the issue for me. How is this still happening in 2021? Has anyone else discovered another fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole project is ruined...

Please fix this|!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens • Adobe Community Professional , Nov 27, 2020
dannyc85934510 Make new project import old one, that will restore the labels.

Not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to activate "show source clip name and label" in timeline by clicking the tool icon (wrench) for Timeline Display Settings on the top left of your timeline under the (most left if more than one is open) sequence name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver. Heart attack moment working on a TV sizzle, a weekend of sorting footage almost down the drain. Must of had this toggle hot-keyed, saw all my work turn to a single shade. Petrifying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking conversation; two different subjects.

Original post is a real bug in version 2018

Second one is a change in UI due to version update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines