• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all my premiere pro 2020 files

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently finished working on my three projects on premiere pro, and have been working on one for more than two years which I recently upgraded editing to premiere pro 2020 from 2019. I had been editing all these on my window ten desktop. Today when trying to open my hard drive it kept saying "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable", I have been editing on same hard drive for while now, it is in NTFS format. After fixing the problem I was able to open my hardrive but all my premiere pro 2020 project forlders are empty including my lightroom catalog of over three years which too was recently upgraded to 2020 version. However, my premiere pro 2018 projects are still there. Need help! is there a way to get these files back? It would be very SAD to lose work of many months just like that. Is premiere pro 2020 to blame?  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your autosave folder?  Sounds like you have some kind of drive corruption which is probably not premiere's fault...  Although I've been working in windows recently, most of my experience is with Mac's and there are both built in apps and third party apps to help with drive corruption.  Not sure where you turn to for windows.   You should always store your project file on a different drive than your autosave folder just in case this sort of thing happens.  I also back up my project files on dropbox but I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not have backup for these recent projects. I recovered all my projects from last year and previous years without any problem, but could not recover anything from 2020 premiere pro projects, all 2020 recovered folders were empty. How can a corrupt drive only affect 2020 aplication and not the previous ones that were in the same drive? I still feel it has something to do with Premmiere 2020 updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines