Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Timeline in "Project with NO MAIN SEQUENCE"

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people, 

as i'm new to Adobe Premiere, i've never been using sequences before. So i started a new project without creating a sequence. Now, after a while the program has become really slow. That's when i created the first sequence for one clip to improve the program speed. It worked, but i couldn't return to my main project timeline. 

In the internet i only found solutions that say "Just open your project sequence". But i don't have a project sequence! Only the little clip sequence, i created as last action. All the project data is still there, just the arrangement is missing. 

Can you help me?

With regards,

alina 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to sound patronizing, but you should consider watching some beginners tutorials/courses. Honestly, it's quite obvious from your post that you don't really know what you're doing, and it only makes it hard for you and us to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, not really helpful. i can't find tutorials where this issue is adressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wont find any tutorials on how to solve user errors.

Best is when opening Premiere in to hit the Learn tab.

It tells you all about sequences and how to set one up.

As of now we have no idea what your issue exactly is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i started a new project without creating a sequence. Now, after a while the program has become really slow.

It sounds like you were working on something, which implies you have a sequence that you're working on, that's why it doesn't make sense when you say you started a project without creating a sequence.

That's when i created the first sequence for one clip to improve the program speed.

Creating sequences does not improve the program speed by itself.

It worked, but i couldn't return to my main project timeline.

What worked, and what do you mean with main project timeline. The timeline window is the panel where you can open, edit, and work on your sequences.

Can you please post some screenshots of what you're trying to do, maybe we can better help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not meant personal but we see this often. Too many new users are venturing into Premiere assuming to quickly edit a video.
However Premiere has a high entry level and even more steep learning curve.
When starting with Premiere one does need basic knowlege of the program otherwise it will be an aggrevating experiece when errors occur and one has no idea how to solve basic stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

return to my main project timeline

A timeline is a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The panel is called the timeline and contains a sequence. A project can contain multiple sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, after a while the program has become really slow

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines