• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Workspaces, Shortcuts and Synced Settings

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Premiere Pro 2021, and noticed all my workspaces and shortcuts were missing. 

I hit sync now, because my default has always been 'always download' (naturally) but instead, ironically one of the settings that was reset in the new version was the upload setting, to 'always upload' - which is so stupid.

SO, the default 2021 version settings just completely over-rode my cloud settings, and now when I 'download' my settings nothing changes. In a matter of two seconds have I just lost all of my custom settings?

Surely there is a way to 'revert' the cloud sync to a recent version or undo? I can't find anywhere in my account as to where said files are accessible...

It is going to take me ages to get everything back to the way I had it, and I really just wanted to edit a project.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

All good, solved it.

Thanks for you help.

You have to manually move both profile folders in documents/adobe/premiere-pro/ from 14 to 15, and then sync the 2021 version up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open previous version with older project and upload settings.

Use that in the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great shout, thank you so much for your help.

However, Adobe CC removed the old version of Premiere Pro 2020 from my system during the update...  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was searching for an older version to do just that but couldn't find it, they make it difficult to roll back with CC, but eventually I did find v14.9,

But now I was have both versions and it's still not working. Thankfully, yes in the old version I have retained my preferences, but even after I hit 'upload' in an old project, and then open the new version and hit download - nothing happens - all the preferences remain the same.

I can't even find the system folders to try and manually correct settings, there is an XML folder but none of those layouts are user workspaces, and adding a file there doesn't import it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All good, solved it.

Thanks for you help.

You have to manually move both profile folders in documents/adobe/premiere-pro/ from 14 to 15, and then sync the 2021 version up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines