• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loud Static Screams in Headphones in Premiere after Clip Edited in Audition

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't happened in a while, but it has before. I will send a clip from Premiere Pro CS6 to be edited in Audition CS6 and when I go back to premiere to play the clip I get super loud static in my head phones and it really hurts my ears.  Not really the safest thing and most definitely a bug.  Just plain not cool.  It really scares the crap out of me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (2014, latest version). Was this ever solved? I can't find anymore information regarding it online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing it in Premiere 7.2.1 as well so nope, doesn't look like it has been fixed. I'd REALLY appreciate the Adobe team looking into this as the issue can and has caused hearing loss to our team, including me. Not cool.

For reference we get the issue when working on AVCHD material (.MTS) sent to Audition from Premiere. Audio is natively 48000Hz compressed stereo in a 48000Hz 32bit stereo timeline. The problem occurs when pressing play in Premiere after jumping back from Audition and manifests itself as a very sharp and constant burst of static at FULL volume (regardless of where the OSX system headphone volume has been set). I'd be happy to send the Adobe team sample files and an exact methodology to reproduce the problem. It occurs consistently without fail when I perform the procedure above. As mentioned waiting until the edited audio clip has been conformed avoids the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.. another few weeks, some more hearing loss for our team.

I'd really like some Adobe staff to acknowledge they've read this at least. Like I said, I'm very happy to provide detailed instructions and samples of the problem we're talking about so we can get a fix in the works. Stability quirks are one thing, permanent hearing loss is another..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum.  Adobe staff sometimes join in on their free time, but it's never guaranteed.  The bug report is the best comm line on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted PaulM-Aus via private message and he sent me a project, complete with content. I'll investigate ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, I'll post back if I hear of a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody come up with solution to the eardrum piercing heart-attack giving static scream of death. It seems to happens randomly to me in other situations then descirbed above. If I quite the app and restart it seems to fix it, but I sure freaks you out and makes your ears bleed. How can it override your volume even on the lowest system volume it is shockingly loud and unexpected? Please figure something out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately, adobe has ignored this one. I still get it every few months. Mostly I avoid any round tripping in adobe software. It's garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem with PPro CC. For me it happened when I went back to Audition to re-edit a file I had already sent back to PPro. While the file was still being updated in Audition, I went into PPro and clicked in the timeline -- somehow that seemed to corrupt the audio file that was being updated.

Since then, to avoid that dangerous static blast, I just don't do anything in PPro until Audition has finished updating the audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this with original 24bit WAV files in Audition, no other software involved.
I am applying EQ to a simple clip when I get 0 level white noise.

When you refer to 'conformed' what do you mean? (Does Audition do this?)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 of us in my office are having the same issue, on separate iMacs with several different versions, up to the latest version of CC running on OS 10.10.3 . It's a serious issue, we've gotten in the habit of taking our headphones off every time we switch between the two programs. The noise is unbelievably loud, we sit quite far apart. Even though we're remembering to take our headphones off most of the time, it still happens to somebody about once a week. This seems like it should be a priority, considering most bugs don't cause physical pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just had this happen to me as well. unbearably loud static directly into my hears. shame on adobe for letting an issue like this continue for so long.

this issue is so bad that im literally NEVER USING AUDITION AGAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE!

Why is this still happening? This happened twice to me again today with headphones on. The volume level this produces is way above threshold and I'm starting to fear for my hearing. It gives me an instant headache and really ruins a day of editing.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Right click an audio file in premiere and select edit in- adobe audition.

2. Apply filter and render in audition.

3. Switch back over to premiere and get your ears blasted out.

Any solutions? This is something seriously wrong as it's overriding my system volume limits. This means it has to be at the kernel level that adobe's software is screwing with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention: I'm on a macbook retina 15", Latest version of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too and it is indescribably annoying! It makes me feel physically unwell. This problem has persisted from Adobe CS6 all the way through CC 2014. It is caused (perhaps) by the lag time between dynamic linking from Audition to Premiere. I have to wait for the audio clip to reload and show that it has been changed in Premiere. I cannot play it immediately, otherwise I have the sound of death fill my ears at the loudest level imaginable. Sometimes though, even if I wait for the clip to change the sound still stays and then I have to undo the dynamic link and re-edit the clip in Audition. I am really surprised more people haven't had this problem, I have had it since I started using CS6 all the way to this very day. I do however edit all of my files from an external hard drive plugged into USB 3.0 to my MacBook Pro 15" retina display- which has 8GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bummer that more people are having this issue, because it can be a serious health concern.

I informed Adobe over a year ago. I hope they are working on this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Never had it before. Crazy annoying. I'm using the most current versions of Premiere and Audition CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screeching noise occurs for me WITHOUT the use of Audition, but rather when I use "Audio Effects" directly in Premiere. When I turn the effects off, the noise does not happen. The two effects (and I'm not about to try to figure out which one because this noise sucks so bad) are "De-Hummer" and "Dynamics".

This is extremely frustrating, as it blew my headphones and it probably did some real damage to my ears. UNACCEPTABLE. Adobe - please address this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also should add that this only occurs when I'm using clips that are within a nested sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, using most current CC Package.  On the round trip, some clips will be completely static, so bad that I have to delete the whole clip and sometimes reload in order to get clean audio again.  Seems to be related to DeHummer and Noise Print-Removal, does not affect every clip.  Sometimes can be one out of a series in a sequence.  Sometimes just one clip sent over and then it is pure static.  Adobe PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for months now, I'm worried about both my ears and my headphones getting blown out.

And I'm not using Audition or any round trip. It simply happens when I move the timeline scrubber to anywhere else on the timeline, a massively loud scratchy pop sounds is generated that goes way beyond what I've set the system audio level to.

Please, for the love of god, fix this.

Mid-2014 Macbook Pro Retina

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
OSX 10.10.1
Premiere 8.2.0 (65) Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, as are other members of my team.  All using similar setups on Mac.

I right-click on an audio track in Premiere, select "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition", add Amplify, Compression and EQ effects, save

and go back to Premiere...EXTREMELY LOUD, EAR DAMAGING STATIC!!!!!!

I've also noticed, that despite selecting a specific location for my Captured Audio within the Scratch Disk dialog box, Adobe saves this

extracted audio next to the original file.  It never did that before.

I close Premiere and reopen and now the audio is fine.  This is complete disrupting our entire work flow.  Roundtripping to Audition is necessary

to what we do and is very disruptive to our process, not to mention dangerous to our ears.

Please FIX THIS ADOBE!

Adobe Premiere CC 2014.2

Adobe Audition CC 2014.2

Mac Pro Late 2013

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64GB RAM

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

OSX 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. My ears just blew out 3-4 times in a row as I tried to troubleshoot.  Now they actually ache. Who knew ears could ache....

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, the only work around I have found is, send your files from PP as usual, edit the noise out.  apply the effects.  Save it in Audition.  Go to PP.  Quit.  Then open it again and the static is gone.  Works for me for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope Adobe are working on fixing this.  However, seeing as this has been an issue for years I don't have much hope that they will.  It's incredibly frustrating because I am on location at a conference editing.  Turn around time has to be very quick.  Filming interviews, editing and delivering files within a couple hours.  Any time wasted fixing this problem costs my team dearly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines