• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low CPU usage while playback & exporting!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Cloud is fully updated

Premiere Pro 15.2

After Effects 18.2.1

All drivers as well

I'm editing  music videos in premiere and after effects. Somehow i get a low CPU usage as soon as i start to apply effects or a grading! Already tried to use pro res proxies instead of h.264 files. The playback is really laggy and premiere barely responds to my input. 

Must be a software problem since i can use davinci resolve without any laggs or preformance issues! Same problems show up in after effects as well! 

Had a look at all the temperatures (CPU/GPU) and everything is totally normal. Don't get why there is no full CPU load. RAM sticks are installed right as well! All my source footage is on my NVMe same as Premiere and everything else i use while editing! 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason only half of my post is complete!

All PC Specs here:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Palit 2070 Super

32 GB DDR4 RAM

500GB NVMe

be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black

MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI AM4

Corsair TX-M Series TX650M 650W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CPU should not be at full load if you use Nvenc and CUDA. That would be very very bad coding if your CPU was constantly at 100% for playback. Having said that your GPU should not constantly be pegged at 100% either during playback. Below is a system with an RTX 2070 and i9 9900K. 

Below is a GTX 1060 and Haswell CPU. 

Both system perform as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I've seen the video before! I understand that the cpu load shouldn't be at 100% all the time! The only thing i don't get are the lags! Sometimes it is nearly impossible to look at the playback and cut at the same time. Can't be that premiere can't handle the clips. For me it looks like my pc is just doing nothing while the playback is lagging. But despites the cpu load everything looks fine. My PC should easily handle the playback without any frame loss! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your picture it shows the area your playhead is over is red, which is an indicator that there are effects there that should be rendered before you get real-time playback. Your source media has a big impact on performance, and if the source media is not optimized it will also slow down the processing of all the effects and color that is applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines