Highlighted

Low level exception error when watching footage in double speed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

When I edit footage from my JVC LS300 camcorder in the newest release of Adobe Premiere (2020) I get "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" error. It ends up crashing premiere after a few minutes if you keep working after the error appears.

This is new for the 2020 version. Doesn't happen in any previous versions of Premiere. Also seems to be an issue with this camera's footage only. All my other cameras seem to work fine.

Also, if I switch the project's render settings to software only the problem goes away - but my system's speed is severely compromised obviously.

I'm editing on an iMac Pro, 3.2Ghz Intel Xeon W, 32gb of ram with a Radeon Pro Vega 56 8175mb

Anyone else seeing this problem? or have a workaround that doesn't require switching to software rendering?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Low level exception error when watching footage in double speed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

When I edit footage from my JVC LS300 camcorder in the newest release of Adobe Premiere (2020) I get "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" error. It ends up crashing premiere after a few minutes if you keep working after the error appears.

This is new for the 2020 version. Doesn't happen in any previous versions of Premiere. Also seems to be an issue with this camera's footage only. All my other cameras seem to work fine.

Also, if I switch the project's render settings to software only the problem goes away - but my system's speed is severely compromised obviously.

I'm editing on an iMac Pro, 3.2Ghz Intel Xeon W, 32gb of ram with a Radeon Pro Vega 56 8175mb

Anyone else seeing this problem? or have a workaround that doesn't require switching to software rendering?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chitaroni,

Very sorry for this! It's looking like a bug when fast forwarding certain footage.

Yes, this issue is starting to become more prevalent. It would be very helpful to upvote this bug and include a link to this post in the comments of the bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

Thanks!
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done and done! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I had been working on a project for a while and then the issue occurred. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tboren,

Did you update a 13.x project to 14.0? Try importing a copy of the previous project into a new one as a test. See if that works better. Hope so.

Regards,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines