• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lower Res To Higher Res

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey this is my first post so forgive if something similar has all ready been asked.
I have shot a music video and I did it in H265, I then converted it to AVI Pal DV wide, because I read somewhere that this is a good option, which turned out to be incorrect of course, ...didn´t double check.
I have edited the complete video all ready and was curious if it is possible to trade all the lower resolution clips, for the higher ones. They all have the same file-name, only the codec is different.

There is a possibility that none of the above makes sense...but I thought I´ll give it a shot.
If so: am I allowed to change the sequence settungs, so that at least the texts are crisp? Or are there other problems emerging from that?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

You can go to the top of the interface and go to sequence/sequence setting and choose a pre-set that matches your footage from there. Then...

One at a time: right click o a file that you'd like to replace in the project panel and in the pop up menu choose replace footage and point to the higher res footage.

Save before you make any changes and then save the new sequence under a different file name after making sure that everything lines up.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Be sure to make a copy of your project before you start to do any mass changes. Strange suggestion AVI Pal DV, was that from the 1990s? 🙂

You can also try (after making a backup or two) with PP closed, move the DV footage out of the path, then put the real footage into where the DV files were (just renaming folders) then fire it up, (since you say they have the same names - same extension also that means) see what you get, and you can try changing the sequence settings before doing this and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the top of the interface and go to sequence/sequence setting and choose a pre-set that matches your footage from there. Then...

One at a time: right click o a file that you'd like to replace in the project panel and in the pop up menu choose replace footage and point to the higher res footage.

Save before you make any changes and then save the new sequence under a different file name after making sure that everything lines up.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
Will the effects and color grading settings apply to the switched out files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took me the whole day but it payed of, thanks to your tips...
Turned out great, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to make a copy of your project before you start to do any mass changes. Strange suggestion AVI Pal DV, was that from the 1990s? 🙂

You can also try (after making a backup or two) with PP closed, move the DV footage out of the path, then put the real footage into where the DV files were (just renaming folders) then fire it up, (since you say they have the same names - same extension also that means) see what you get, and you can try changing the sequence settings before doing this and then or after the renaming, see which works better for you. Be sure to have a backup of the original project file safely tucked away so you can try various options on a 'clean' project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!
What would you say that the smartest way to back up projects is?
I have only managed to save versions of the .prproj, but I read somewhere that there is a possebility to save smaller amounts of data, through a so called "projectmanager"?

My questions have to sound hilarious, but this is my first actual project.
Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you have all the files in a certain folder. That makes backing up easier. For now, you only need to backup / make a copy of the project file. It's always good to backup everything, including your media, but for now, see if you can get the project sorted. Copy the project first to another drive or some folder out of the path of the project, then make copies of the project in the folder of the original project for your testing / experimenting purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines