Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lowered volume after exporting in Premiere Pro

Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5.1-audio video. What I do in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Windows 10):

1. Import the video.
  2. Drag it into the timeline to create a sequence. A 5.1 48000Hz sequence is correctly created.
  3. I export the video using the 5.1 setting for audio (usually PCM, but for compressed formats it doesn't help).

And, unfortunately, although the 5.1 track is successfully created, the volume is noticeably lowered, comparing with the original.

I also noticed that when I open Audio Track Mixer and click the play button in this window (Audio Track Mixer), it shows the dB to be on a level from -20 to -9. Even though all of the dB settings in the Audio Track Mixer are on 0 of course.

I may also add that I've experienced similar issues for stereo tracks in the past.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you testing the exported volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, by playing the clips. It's obvious just by listening. But I also checked it in Audacity actually - the wave/amplitude is definitely smaller for the audio from Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Same problem with stereo and mono, or only with 5.1 clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've experienced same or similar issue with a stereo clip like 2 weeks ago. Usually it's ok though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I just don't have any guesses on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway Jim. Seems like a bug to be fixed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're the only one reporting it so far.  You can file a bug report, but you're probably better off continuing the investigation on your end, try some troubleshooting.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is something that I am experiencing as well.  I drag and drop a video into the timeline and audio levels on the right register -12 and after exporting, I take the exported clip and drop it on the timeline and it shows lower volume

Example Before.pngExample After.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines