Highlighted

Lumetri causing frame drops in playback with 14.5

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I r+

ecently updated from whatever the 2019 version is to 14.5, and existing 4K timelines simply will not play over 10fps when Lumetri is turned on (anywhere). I've done ALL of the usual things (including trying 3 completely different nVidia drivers). This project plays back perfectly in 2019, and plays back perfectly in 14.5 when I turn off Lumetri in whatever clip is playing, or using the Global FX mute.

I'm using Windows 10 with a 4K display, all media (prores 422 HQ) is either on an nvme or ssd, media cache is on a very fast nvme, plenty of RAM, and the frame drop is consistently 10fps (no change) regardless of what settings I change.

Again, because this works completely fine in 2019, and not 14.5, the issue is clearly isolated to the updated application. Just wondering what I might have missed (that is not mentioned by Adobe in any literature related to fixing playback lag).

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lumetri causing frame drops in playback with 14.5

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I r+

ecently updated from whatever the 2019 version is to 14.5, and existing 4K timelines simply will not play over 10fps when Lumetri is turned on (anywhere). I've done ALL of the usual things (including trying 3 completely different nVidia drivers). This project plays back perfectly in 2019, and plays back perfectly in 14.5 when I turn off Lumetri in whatever clip is playing, or using the Global FX mute.

I'm using Windows 10 with a 4K display, all media (prores 422 HQ) is either on an nvme or ssd, media cache is on a very fast nvme, plenty of RAM, and the frame drop is consistently 10fps (no change) regardless of what settings I change.

Again, because this works completely fine in 2019, and not 14.5, the issue is clearly isolated to the updated application. Just wondering what I might have missed (that is not mentioned by Adobe in any literature related to fixing playback lag).

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've narrowed it down to the LUT that I'm using. What happened in the 14.5 update that causes non-Adobe LUTs to bog down playback?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same issue since the previous update. Its some specific type of lut as some are fine and some cause this. Really annoying considering it was not an issue previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Knight3D LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The November 18th update (14.6.0) is a massive improvement. No drop frames in new sequences, and only 1 frame drop every few seconds in older project sequences. I'll take it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0