Lumetri Color / Optical Flow Bug

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am dealing with this one very annoying issue in Premiere Pro CC 12.0.0 right now:

Whenever I add 'Lumetri Color' to a clip which I have slowed down with 'Optical Flow' the optical flow effect is removed.

Adding an adjustment layer and attaching the Lumetri Color is an alternative I have found. But this way of doing it, messes up my transitions and vignetting.

Would anyone know how to solve this problem?

Any assistance appreciated,

Malthe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lumetri Color / Optical Flow Bug

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am dealing with this one very annoying issue in Premiere Pro CC 12.0.0 right now:

Whenever I add 'Lumetri Color' to a clip which I have slowed down with 'Optical Flow' the optical flow effect is removed.

Adding an adjustment layer and attaching the Lumetri Color is an alternative I have found. But this way of doing it, messes up my transitions and vignetting.

Would anyone know how to solve this problem?

Any assistance appreciated,

Malthe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malthe,

This is not a bug. It's simply "the way things work."

Lumetri is a standard effect. Speed effects are intrinsic (motion) effects. The two will cancel each other out because of something called the render order pipeline. All effects must follow a preset hierarchy. If you need certain effects to affect footage outside of this framework, you need to use an alternate method to do so.

The way editors create these effects is to use the method you discovered, or create the speed effect, nest the clip, then add the color effect to the nest. There are a number of effects you can create using this technique, so it's one you can place in your bag of tricks.

Please return with any questions you may have or mark this one as correct.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 1
Stage83 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever sort this out? I have the same issue and dont know a way around it. Im trying to simply colour grade the slowed down footage. Have tried method in reply but did not work. Perhaps I am doing it wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0