Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Creative - Bug when LUT applied

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I'm having an issue with the latest version of Premiere Pro.

When I apply one of my LUT's, the playback get's a lot lagged. I used the export LUT plugin for Lightroom to create my LUT and it always worked fine until now. Any ideas on what it could be?

Downgrading again to the previous version.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your hardware? The newest version does push gear harder.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Neil,

I have the latest MBPro, I9 8 Core, 16GB DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB.

The factory LUTs that premiere provides are ok, but when I put my LUT it got latency...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you parking that LUT/s on disc? I hope in the following locations ...

And if you could upload one I'd be happy to test on my system.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I've always used the 'Browse' method on the creative Lumetri tab, but I already tried also in that exact location.

You can find in here one of the examples.

Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.3.2 and 14.4 have that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I setup both the Technical and Creative folders for those locations, and have an icon on the desktop for rapidly accessing those folders to add or subtract LUTs.

I also rename all LUTs I use ... a prefix, so that they are

1) ahead of all the included ones as I can only recall using an included LUT once;

2) organized by how I will use it.

For example ...

01 A Low-sat neut

01 B norm-sat neut

03 C BRAW medium contrast high sat falloff

Like this. In alphanumeric computerese, these will be the first things seen in the list. And will be organized within the browse proces as I wist them to be.

Now ... I downloaded and tried that LUT on several clips on my 6 core i7-6800K 3.2Ghz rig, 32GB of RAM, GTX1060, with both BRAW and high-data rate mov files. No slowups at all.

Wonder what the issue is on your machine? That's ... odd.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Neil, 

Upgraded yesterday for the last version of premiere pro and it still isn't smooth 🤷‍:male_sign:

Can you send one of your installed LUT's for me to test? I think it can be the LUT file with some issue with teh last version of premiere 🤷‍:male_sign:

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere were you running when you tried the OP's LUT? I'm experiencing the exact same issue described in this thread - I've even tested on two different workstations and the problem arises on both machines in Premiere versions after 14.3.1, including the recent 14.5 update. It doesn't matter where the LUTs are located nor what type of codec it's being applied to (in my testing, at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is puzzling. I can't replicate on either my laptop or my desktop, both run slick & normal with various LUTs applied.

Win10 both ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere are you on? 14.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run both the public and public beta versions on both my laptop and desktop. 14.5 for public, 14.6.0(44) for public beta.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that Neil. Hmm... this is odd.

Can you share which Nvidia driver your currently running? Also, I've linked to a LUT below - can you try that one? I know it's a heavier LUT, but it plays back fine for me on 14.3.1 (and previous). Oh and please test using the Creative tab in Lumetri, not the input area in the Basic tab.

Test LUT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be able to test your LUT in a few minutes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran on both the newest public beta 14.6.0(44) and shipping. On a project of 4k BRAW with a couple other layers of Lumetri and an adjustment layer with Lumetri.

No dropped frames, playback was fine. Quite an interesting color shift to that LUT also!

EDIT: on shipping version 15.5.0 (51) one of my Lumetri tabs was 'off'. With both instances of Lumetri with one running your Osiris LUT and the adjustment layer, I had some dropped frames. None even with everything on in the public beta.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Neil - but dang, I'm at a bit of a loss here. Of course, I'm sure there can be a lot of reasons for why you can't reproduce the issue on your end. The differences between setups can turn into a long list pretty quickly. A few off the top of my head:

• I'm running 4K monitors with scaling on. Is your laptop display hi res?
  • I haven't tested BRAW footage - only H.264, HEVC, and ProRes so far
  • I'm currently on Nvidia studio driver 456.71 but I'm fairly certain I already tried 452.06 when I was upgrading from 14.3.1 to 14.4. I've also tested 4 or 5 drivers overall and none of them have helped with this issue
  • I do have custom workspaces setup but again, I believe I've already tried reverting to one of the default layouts

I guess I'll do some more testing. If you have any suggestions on things to try, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laptop is 1920x1080.

Studio is three, two for UI and one for transmit out. Main UI is 2560x1080 or so, 100%, second UI is 1920x1080, 100%. Transmit out is UHD 3840x2160 and 200% scaling.

And I run on all customized workspaces.

H.264 and HEVX/265 are much higher demand on a system than typically say a full intraframe like ProRes, Cineform, or DNxHD/R. BRAW can be a bit of decoding work also.

And yea, system to system makes massive differences, even to how the 'lanes' of the motherboard are accessed. What drives you're running, anything.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some further testing and wanted to report back that the 14.6 public beta has much better playback performance. From what I've experimented with so far, it doesn't exhibit the laggy/dropping frames issue at all - even with chunkier LUTs.

Just to confirm the issue didn't stem from something in my upgrade path or configuration of the regular version of Premiere, I also tried the 14.5 beta and the terrible playback returned. So it seems the only "solution" right now is to use the 14.6 beta, or wait for the 14.6 production release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines