Lumetri Creative - Bug when LUT applied

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I'm having an issue with the latest version of Premiere Pro.

When I apply one of my LUT's, the playback get's a lot lagged. I used the export LUT plugin for Lightroom to create my LUT and it always worked fine until now. Any ideas on what it could be?

Downgrading again to the previous version.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be able to test your LUT in a few minutes.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 1
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran on both the newest public beta 14.6.0(44) and shipping. On a project of 4k BRAW with a couple other layers of Lumetri and an adjustment layer with Lumetri.

No dropped frames, playback was fine. Quite an interesting color shift to that LUT also!

EDIT: on shipping version 15.5.0 (51) one of my Lumetri tabs was 'off'. With both instances of Lumetri with one running your Osiris LUT and the adjustment layer, I had some dropped frames. None even with everything on in the public beta.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Neil - but dang, I'm at a bit of a loss here. Of course, I'm sure there can be a lot of reasons for why you can't reproduce the issue on your end. The differences between setups can turn into a long list pretty quickly. A few off the top of my head:

• I'm running 4K monitors with scaling on. Is your laptop display hi res?
  • I haven't tested BRAW footage - only H.264, HEVC, and ProRes so far
  • I'm currently on Nvidia studio driver 456.71 but I'm fairly certain I already tried 452.06 when I was upgrading from 14.3.1 to 14.4. I've also tested 4 or 5 drivers overall and none of them have helped with this issue
  • I do have custom workspaces setup but again, I believe I've already tried reverting to one of the default layouts

I guess I'll do some more testing. If you have any suggestions on things to try, I'm all ears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laptop is 1920x1080.

Studio is three, two for UI and one for transmit out. Main UI is 2560x1080 or so, 100%, second UI is 1920x1080, 100%. Transmit out is UHD 3840x2160 and 200% scaling.

And I run on all customized workspaces.

H.264 and HEVX/265 are much higher demand on a system than typically say a full intraframe like ProRes, Cineform, or DNxHD/R. BRAW can be a bit of decoding work also.

And yea, system to system makes massive differences, even to how the 'lanes' of the motherboard are accessed. What drives you're running, anything.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
steelsam LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some further testing and wanted to report back that the 14.6 public beta has much better playback performance. From what I've experimented with so far, it doesn't exhibit the laggy/dropping frames issue at all - even with chunkier LUTs.

Just to confirm the issue didn't stem from something in my upgrade path or configuration of the regular version of Premiere, I also tried the 14.5 beta and the terrible playback returned. So it seems the only "solution" right now is to use the 14.6 beta, or wait for the 14.6 production release.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1