• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Curves & pixelated JPGs when using Exporting Frame in Program window

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get full resolution frame exports from the panel window, but it seems any clip where I have a Lumetri Curve adjustment applied will result in a pixelated/lower res frame export. 

CC in Basic correction panel doesn't affect resolution of exports. 

Anyone know of a more convenient work around, short of having to export jpeg sequence for single frames?

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each
TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done a ton of Lumetri work, including all the wondrous "new" HSL ones. Never noticed this unless I moved something too far. Those curves are real "powerful", a very small change actually makes a rather large adjustment.

In contrast, the Basic tab controls (except for Exposure) are very gradual in application to the clip, and don't really allow large changes of values. Banding normally comes from larger value changes with low-bit-depth media, especially 8-bit.

This may be the issue ... but drag/drop some images onto your text reply area so we can see the differences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, thanks!   I'm not talking about the limits and results of using Lumetri curves on a clip with a certain color space, but just getting a clean JPG from what is seen in Program Window with those curves already applied (and that come out clean on a video export).

I've just posted a feature/bug request, where more troubleshooting seemed to show that the Video track (V1, V2) exported from affected what I was getting out of Frame Export?    Pasted here below:

-----

There seems to be a bug in PP CC2020 where doing an Export Frame from Program window result in a JPG or PNG with artifacts/pixelation, if done on clips from video tracks other than V1.

I am trying to get full rez frame exports via the Program window button, from a 3840x2160 sequence with duplicated and stacked clip, with various Lumetri curves and/or Opacity adjustments applied. At first I thought this was an issue for any clip with a Lumetri curve adjustment applied. In trouble shooting, I removed all effects, and found that even a frame grab of native media on the timeline were coming out with artifacts if the Export Frame action was done while they were on any track other than V1. Dragging anything to V1 seemed to result in a good Frame Export- however one exception was a nested clip, of two clips with Lumetri curves applied, dragged to V1, still resulted in artifacted frame grab. A single cc'd clip nested and brought to V1, came out good!

I'm spinning my head at the cause of what's going on, but there is certainly a bug here, between video tracks or the use Lumetri adjustments.

Would be great to have the old dependable Export Frame function, without having to deal with all this.

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to drag and drop images into the text field... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac screen shot of Program window.pngFrame Export of Program Window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding 3 more here:  

(Captions don't seem to show up, but if you right click to save you can see the name of file)

1 - screenshot of program window - nice and clean as seen in timeline

2.  Nested on V1 - clean 

3. Nested , dragged to V2 - pixelated  (look at ear)

Mac Pro Screenshot of Program Window.pngnested to v1.jpgnested to v2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good troubleshooting there. I won't be on my desktop for possibly a few days, or I'd be testing this out myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor should you be!  Happy new year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to affect only clips with proxies (regardless if proxies are active), and happen at random.

I was getting good full res frames when timeline window was selected (highlighted in blue) and not if the Effects or Lumetri panel was selected.  This reversed in a different project  : )  But ultimately happened only with clips with proxies - and not to clips with no proxies. 

I've submitted a bug report.   But would love to hear any other solutions!

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines