Lumetri increasing encoding time from 10min to 2h15

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

 

I'm having an issue with my encoding time from an specific video and I have found out that an specific Lumetry layer was the cause of it. 

With it, premiere takes 2h15 to export a H.264 3gb file, and without it, 10 min.

This layer has a LUT, basic correction adn curves, and I've tested without each one to see if there was a single guilty, but the reduction each one caused was insignificant in relation to the total time.

I'm using CUDA acceleration.

 

Can anybody help? 🙂

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

66

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about this. Is Export Settings Dialog Box > Video Tab > Hardware Encoding available? Is the Project Settings > General > Mercury Playback Engine enabled for GPU acceleration? We need to know those things and your full system specs. Need help finding those settings? Let us know.

 

Regards,

Kevin

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kevin!

Thanks for the quick response 🙂

Both are ON (as you can see on the screenshots)Hardware Encode.png

 

Video encode.png

 

My system specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 32mb 3.9Hz

MSI NVidia Geforce RTX 2060 Ventus GDDR6

HyperFuryX 32GB

SSD 256GB (it's where is installed) 

 

Thanks!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project file.

 

In that project, MediaBrowser panel, navigate to the old project file and import it.

 

See if that works better.

 

Neil

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more