Highlighted

Lumetri LUT bug (low-level exception/AEVideoFilter) STILL not fixed?!

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For literally years now, Premiere Pro crashes with "A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)" if you preview more than 5 or 10 LUTs. Happens every time, happens on all the macs I've ever come across, and happens with whichever LUTs you use. And wherever you put your LUTs. I just mention this to illustrate that (apart from all the others in here with the same problem, going back to at least march 2017) this is a well-established bug.

Every time there's an update to Premiere, I get my hopes up that "...they MUST have fixed it this time!", but alas, Premiere just crashed with said low level exception. Again. Still. 

I honestly can't fathom how this can be a known issue for more than 5 major updates (or is it 10 in the meantime?), and nothing has changed. Please please, please fix this. Or maybe provides us with an estimate of how many additional years you intend to ignore this issue.

I'm on a MacPro (10.13.6) and a MacBook Pro Touchbar (10.14.6), newest CC and apps.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lumetri LUT bug (low-level exception/AEVideoFilter) STILL not fixed?!

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For literally years now, Premiere Pro crashes with "A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)" if you preview more than 5 or 10 LUTs. Happens every time, happens on all the macs I've ever come across, and happens with whichever LUTs you use. And wherever you put your LUTs. I just mention this to illustrate that (apart from all the others in here with the same problem, going back to at least march 2017) this is a well-established bug.

Every time there's an update to Premiere, I get my hopes up that "...they MUST have fixed it this time!", but alas, Premiere just crashed with said low level exception. Again. Still. 

I honestly can't fathom how this can be a known issue for more than 5 major updates (or is it 10 in the meantime?), and nothing has changed. Please please, please fix this. Or maybe provides us with an estimate of how many additional years you intend to ignore this issue.

I'm on a MacPro (10.13.6) and a MacBook Pro Touchbar (10.14.6), newest CC and apps.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At home on my Win10 laptop here, Premiere 14.2.0(47) ... just went through 10 LUTs in the Basic tab, several included ones and a couple of my own creation.

Then to Creative tab, and went through 25, mostly theirs, a few of mine. No crash, no hesitation.

All of my own LUTs were in the drop-down list but stored in the locations according to the chart below ...  if others are having this, I hope they chime in so we can see if we can narrow down how this happens. If I get different results on my studio rig later today, I'll post that here.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but I'm on a mac, so I don't know how applicable your Windows experience is here. I have this problem on ALL the machines at the office (mostly MacPros), as well as my private computers (MacBook Pro and a MacPro). Just tried again out of curiosity, but still no success – after going through between 5-10 different LUTs in Lumetri, Premiere give me the error and has to be force-quit.

My LUTs are in the recommended folders, and it doesn't matter which LUTs I choose (which source/maker, if I made them myself, etc.). Also makes no difference if I apply them under the Basic or the Creative tab, result is the same. Really don't know what to do anymore, except do my grading in Davinci Resolve. I've been struggling with this literally for years.

Anyway, I keep checking this thread once in a while, mostly out of a childish optimism that maybe someone at some point will have a solution, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Windows desktop, and I'm having the same problem.  I have a lot of luts, and about 50% of the time I start previewing them I get a low level exception error by the time I've reached the fifth or sixth lut.  What's really frustrating is that I have to exit out of the program and restart it, because it completely disables and freezes Premiere (I just get a rolling cursor).  I'm new to the program and went out and bought a computer with an i7 processor and 64gbs of ram so I could learn it and edit 4K.  Premiere can do some good stuff, but I'm kind of awestruck at just how many glitches the program has.  I'm kind of surprised that this is the program a lot of professional film companies use.  I was originally using a program called Cyberlink PowerDirector for several years, and I never encountered any of these crashes and glitches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ratt,

Sorry for the issue. Which LUTs? Do you have any of the LUTs installed inside the app package? Or are they placed precisely as Neil has indicated? Need more precise details of your computer system OS, RAM, CPU model GPU model and complete details of your media and the camera it came from. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial post was just checking, as by far the most people who've complained of this that I've communicated with were putting LUTs in 'wrong places'.

Clearly, you're not.

You may not be aware that while the Adobe engineers all can work on both platforms, of all the staffers I've talked with at NAB or MAX over several years ... all comments I can remember were that they were 'from' the Mac side, and were more comfortable over there.

So ... if not all, nearly all the engineers are also mostly running Macs. And they all do a lot of editing as a personal thing also. If they were getting this issue I'd expect that it would get fixed. And of course, many users of the app besides yourself are also on Macs ... and while this does clearly happen to some, the vast majority don't have the issue.

Which means it's something that is not nearly as common as would make it easy to nail down.

Have you filed over on the UserVoice system? This forum is primarily user-to-user or "peer" help with some oversight by Product Support staffers. The UserVoice system is monitored directly by engineers. At least one engineer will read every post filed there, and all posts are collated and sent up the line to the upper managers who determine budgets.

You're right, in that this has been around for some time for some subset of users. It needs fixing, no question.

Neil 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1