Highlighted

Lumetri panel freezes when using Curves and HSL

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I do grading in PP, which is fairly often, my lumetri panel seems to just freeze up after a curves or HSL adjustment. It happens randomly and often takes me ~2mins to unfreeze it. 

I have not figured out how to resolve the bug myself, but effect controls still gives me the ability to work on the clip. The Lumetri panel just stops working momentarily all the time. If it helps, I use multiple lumetri colour effects on the same clip. I often do a ton of adjustments within HSL secondary, and curves. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lumetri panel freezes when using Curves and HSL

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I do grading in PP, which is fairly often, my lumetri panel seems to just freeze up after a curves or HSL adjustment. It happens randomly and often takes me ~2mins to unfreeze it. 

I have not figured out how to resolve the bug myself, but effect controls still gives me the ability to work on the clip. The Lumetri panel just stops working momentarily all the time. If it helps, I use multiple lumetri colour effects on the same clip. I often do a ton of adjustments within HSL secondary, and curves. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs ... especially CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM?

And what media are you using? How many other (if any) effects?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Neil!

Typically I am using .mxf media from an FS7, or h.264 media from a Sony mirrorless camera. Usually, 0 effects when I work on color. I have had the same issue with my roommate's editing PC I built for him, so I will list those specs, too. I have had the issue across both mac and windows. 

Computer: 2018 Macbook Pro

-Intel 6 core i7 2.6ghz

-32gb RAM 2400mhz

-Radeon pro 560x with 4gb of Vram

- Editing off a G Techonology SSD (400mb/s ish)

Roommate's pc

- Ryzen 7 3700x 

- 64gb ddr4 3400mhz RAM

-GTX 2070 8GB Vram

-Editing off an Samsung m.2 SSD

I never get a memory warning, or any error messages when it freezes, it just seems to freeze and moments later I am back to work! Seems to be more of a bug than a hardware limitation. The issue started happening when I upgraded to 2020. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tons of secondaries ... that's a workload. I have been known to use a few now and then ... ahem ...  😉

I've gone to the HSL curves for a lot of what I once did with secondaries, as I can do in one pass through the HSL curves what took several full Secondaries before. Definitely the H.264 could be a drag, as that's pretty rough stuff to edit with.

I know some computers have had issues with the Sony FS7 mxf files at times, I've never dealt with it so I don't know the problem or solution. I've seen queries about dealing with those across Creative Cow and other forums dealing with Premiere, Avid, and FCPx. But an awful lot of them are in daily use.

Wish I had some ideas to help ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem! We generally don't have any issue with .mxf files but when it happens I will just continue working within the effects controls. We do a lot of heavy work, especially with our Clemson orange colour. We shoot mostly in 10-bit but sometimes curves seem to break up colours in the bokeh. HSL has been my fix. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1