• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Scopes + CUDA = System Audio Playback Issues. Why?

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue on a newly built PC that I was looking for some help with.

Initial problem was that audio playback on projects cuts in and out at a rate that makes work impossible. Not only that it seems to effect all system audio (spotify and chrome also suffer audio stuttering at the same rate if they're playing in the background).

After hours of trial and error (including clean installs of Premiere, audio and video drivers) I was able to narrow the problem down. It seems to be an issue with Lumetri Scopes as if I close that pannel the issue is resolved.

If I change the Video Rendering to Mercury Playback Engine Only I can have Lumetri Scopes open, however the scopes do not update in realtime which is a problem.

If I have the scopes open and CUDA enabled the scopes will update in realtime but then audio cuts out.

As previously mentioned, I'm having these issues on a brand new PC so it's quite frustrating when my old PC wasn't having these issues.

My specs are as follows in case it's helpful:

Windows 10 Pro-64 bit (10.0, Build 19042)
B550 Auros Pro AX
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

If anyone can advise on a way I can have Scopes and CUDA enabled without these audio issues I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's response might work but you can also try ASIO4ALL drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Spotify and Chrome comments lead me to wonder about audio driver issues. Audio drivers have caused an amazing array of troubles in PrPro ... especially if the computer has any "game enhancing" audio drivers or apps running or installed.

Removing the game-enhancing audio drivers has been a solution for some with again an amazing array of troubles. Just one possibility.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines