my specs

windows 10 64 bit

intel i9-10900k 3.7

132 ram

rtx 3080 nvidia.

premiere 15.2

Latest Nvidia Studio driver.

All SSD Drives

Great machine for editing. But with the new premiere update my lumetri scopes lag. When I click on the window it can take 10-15 seconds for window to appear. And then if I change something it doesnt always change on the scopes. I have to advance a frame or two for it to register that something is changing. Any ideas? It works but has made my color grading workflow incredibly annoying.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

no but I might have figured it out! Deleted media cache. I had done that before multiple times and it didnt seem to fix the issue, but after researching and posting I tried one more time and it seems fixed ha. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... not getting that on my PC ... that would be frustrating, yea.

What's the media? Format/codec, created by what? Any other effects applied?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is H.264 footage. Standard stuff shot on Sony A7R iii and Sony A7iii in 4k. Also happens on stuff shot on a7s 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And effects like Lumetri color stuff. Sometimes using Red Giants Colorista or Filmconvert Nitrate, but it seems to be the same no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandolinsta,

Any nested audio? If so, remove it and see if your performance improves.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no but I might have figured it out! Deleted media cache. I had done that before multiple times and it didnt seem to fix the issue, but after researching and posting I tried one more time and it seems fixed ha. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. I was wondering if it's because I'm editing 4K 10-bit 422 files in h.264 without transcoding tehm to Cine or ProRes first. 

Just had a chat with Adobe tech support (online chat to India I think) and he gave me no ideas as to why.

Would appreciate any thoughts.. but I'll try the transcode to uncompressed media route and report back..

Oh and mys system is a 2020 iMac 27" with 8 core i7, 64Gb RAM, AMD RADEON 5700 XY with 16GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be good to get that data point ... if in an intraframe such as ProRes or Cine, does it work better?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally, long GOP (Group of Pictures) files are much more taxing on an EDL than an intraframe codec.

Remember that 4K is actually four times the information load of 1080p.

H.264 really is a delivery codec, not an editing codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines