• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumteri error... Gpu video filter get frame dependencies.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i have been experimenting with luts for past few days and what really drives me crazy, that after about 5-10 minutes of color grading in lumetri, there is ALWAYS an error that completely stops Premiere. I can not do a thing when this error happens, i always have to restart premiere and open the project again, so you can imagine how this is driving me crazy.

My PC specs:

i9-9900K

RTX 2080

32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

Thanks for any kind of response.

And sorry for my english, it is not my primary language.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of media are you using? Other effects besides Lumetri?

What sort of disc setup do you have feeding that rig?

And ... are you making your own LUTs, or did you acquire them somewhere? And if your own or vendor LUTs, where are you parking them in your machine?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H264 video 4K 25p 100 Mbps. Nope.
Samsung EVO Plus 500 GB.
I do download them from the internet. Assuming that by parking you mean where are those files, LUTs are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Lumetri\LUTs\Creative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BAD place to put them.

Premiere uses LUTs from it's own program files in RELATIVE order, not by name. So essentially "6th LUT in folder". Add or delete files in that folder, you've just changed which LUT is applied when.

And the LUT you use will NOT be used by either MediaEncoder or AfterEffects as they will do a relative search in their own program folders.

They publish the location for User LUTs, it's something like Users/<name>/Library/Adobe/Common but I can't paste it in on my phone sadly. Check the Overview page of the forum FAQ list.

As to those LUTs, many people make LUTs that do not always work very well. Who is the supplier for the ones that go wrong?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here and I'm using LUTs I'm creating myself with Resolve.  Saving them in a REF folder in my project folder.  Similar build PC.

I have tried:

-Deleting Render Cache

-Removing all Lumetri attributes and fresh application

-Copying only export-ready sequences to a new project

-Media managing export-ready sequences to a new project

-Linking LUTs to a separate drive than the media/project file

-Changing edit systems to a faster/newer mobo/cpu/gpu system

-Trying on a pre-configurred Dell PC not assembled by me

Same result every time.  I can close and reopen premiere, get about 5-10 minutes of playback, then the red box pops up, playhead keeps going for a few seconds on it's own, then no active playback or render is possible.

Intel 4770k

Gigabyte z97-something

GTX 1060 6GB

32gb RAM

Samsung 860EVO 2TB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which form of LUT are you making? Could you share one of those for me and others to test on our rigs? I can't repro any of this with LUTs either from Premiere or Resolve on my system.

Oh ... could you create a LUT in Lumetri, and see if that has the same issue?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Neil!  It was a 1:30 video, so pretty short.  Some of these were applied to multiple shots, but each shot had a LUT.  Took about 5-10 minutes of playback for it to jam up.

Thanks for checking it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check this out at the shop in a bit.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent 15 minutes playing the first LUT, the "cole slaw side ... chicken" one, without any problems. i-6800k @3.2Ghz, 32GB of RAM, GTX1600 for the GPU.

Interesting ... most of my .cubes are between 100 and 900 KB, this one is 6,724KB.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regarding the kb size of that .cube file, it could signify that the lut is a 65 point cube lut, rather than a 33 point cube lut, could this be the problem? I am unsure wether or not Lumetri can really support 65 point cube luts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very large LUT, and could be a problem point. Especially that might be more difficult on some gear than others.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same problem when using 65 point cube luts in feature length projects, i'm assuming that is the main reason for this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines