• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUT being used in Lumetri in an Admustment Layer is caused dropped frames in preview (possible bug)

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started recently.

Whenever I use a specific LUT in an adjustment later with Lumetri, I get dropped frames in the preview.

It didn't always do this, the problem started recently. I've been using a template project to pull this adjustment later from for a long time and the issue is recent. I know it is the LUT causing it, because I don't get drop frames using other LUTs.

The issue happens whether I am at full preview you 1/2. And the time line is yellow, not red. My sequence settings is at 1080p 24fps and my project renderer either at OpenCL or Metal (issue happens on both).

The one go-around I did to get it to work is for some reason, choosing a different default LUT (AlexDefault), and going back to the specific one that was causing issues seems to clear up the dropped frames. This is a reason I think it's just a bug.

I am using a 2019 16' MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 32GB RAM.

This same adjustment layer with the same LUT had no issues in Premiere a month ago, as well as on my older Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you updated premiere or OS?  Are you running any other programs at the same time (If so, try quitting all other programs and see if things improve).

have you tried rendering the clip?

And what are your source properties?  and are your sources any different from what you were using previously when you didn't have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which LUT ... and is it an included one, did you create it, or acquire it?

If you created/acquired it, where is it stored on disc?

And could you upload that for someone else to test on their systems?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. so irritated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, just started. Also on windows 10. It is 100% the LUT. previous versions were fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines