Highlighted

Luts Won't Work Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed some .cube luts into a new folder as per instructions I have read in these forums on a Windows 10 machine:

Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative

The luts show up in the list inside Premiere Pro 2020 but any time I select any of them in the folder they do absolutely nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't do anything.

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Luts Won't Work Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed some .cube luts into a new folder as per instructions I have read in these forums on a Windows 10 machine:

Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative

The luts show up in the list inside Premiere Pro 2020 but any time I select any of them in the folder they do absolutely nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't do anything.

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the default/built-in LUTs do work? Have you succesfully used these LUTs before? Have you tried any other LUTs you know work?

LUTs are plain text files. Open them in a text editor and compare them to a working LUT - see if you can see anything obvious.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of the creative LUTs are working at all. I looked at the ones I installed and they look just like the ones Premiere comes with. I went ahead and deleted them, then reloaded Premiere Pro, and still, none of the creative LUTs are working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the origin of these .cube's?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought them online. It doesn't seem to matter though as even if I remove them none of the LUTs seem to be working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no LUTs are working (even built-in ones) then you need to troubleshoot your installation/config. Have you tried switching your project to software only in the File/Project Settings? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what exactly does this do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and no change

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select a LUT in the Creative tab, are you using the drop down list or the scroll via the arrows on the side of the preview window in the Creative tab? If the arrow scroll method, you need to then click the preview image to apply the LUT to the clip.

Using the drop-down list, it should apply the LUT to the image when you click it in the list, but I have heard of a few users that still needed to click the preview image.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both method. Selecting through the drop-down and using the arrows on the side, then clicking the preview window. None of that works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the image in the preview window change, just not the Program monitor?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, neither change

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Huh.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now what? Should I uninstall then re-install?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got them working. Had to uninstall Premiere, re-install it, and then the pre-installed LUTS were working. I installed the new ones I got and now it's all working. Weird.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just glad you're working ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines