• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

m.2 nvme SSD Dissappearing While Rendering Video

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i've been working with this Samsung EVO 970 m2 SSD for 6 months now. I did not have an issue until 2 weeks ago. For 2 weeks, as i'm exporting my video from Premiere or Media Encoder. SSD disconnects and progress stucks. After a couple of restart pc attempts ssd connects again. This ONLY happens while rendering.

I checked SSD health with Samsung Magician and similar hdd health software, all the apps tell me that it's in good shape. No problem.

My cache folder is in ssd and my footage is in ssd too.

System:
i7-4790k (5 years old)

750w PSU (5 years old)
GTX 1660-6gb with two IPS Philips Monitors connected (3 years old)
16 gb of ram
OS installed to Toshiba Sata SSD
MSI Gaming 7 z97 Motherboard (5 years old)

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem:

The very last BIOS update for that motherboard came out long before the 970 EVO was released. Thus, you may have compatibility issues and/or conflicts between the SSD and the motherboard.

Second, even if the 970 EVO were reliable on your system, the maximum read speed will be restricted to less than 1 GB/s and the write speed to only 900 MB/s because the Z97 chipset officially supports only a PCI-E 2.0 x2 connection between the m.2 slot and the chips.

Third, your SSD may be running too hot for its own good. There may be little to no airflow on the m.2 SSD.

You should have bought a 2.5" SATA SSD, such as an 860 EVO, instead of that 970 EVO for such a 6-year-old PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your kind response. The question in my mind is, why this SSD worked perfectly for 6 months and now it became a problem.

And after that, can i solve this issue by adding more cooling system to my pc?

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines