Highlighted

Mac 10.15.7 update has killed Adobe Premiere Pro export speed

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated my Mac to the latest software version, 10.15.7 (19H2) and it has killed my export media from Premiere speed. What "literally" minutes before updating took 30 secondsto export (No changes to anyting in Premiere) now takes 5 minutes. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix, if at all?

Thanks,

Ryan.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac 10.15.7 update has killed Adobe Premiere Pro export speed

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated my Mac to the latest software version, 10.15.7 (19H2) and it has killed my export media from Premiere speed. What "literally" minutes before updating took 30 secondsto export (No changes to anyting in Premiere) now takes 5 minutes. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix, if at all?

Thanks,

Ryan.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll your operating system back a version or two, and hope that fixes your problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if it's still possible, but I strongly recommend that you create a bootable clone of your startup drive before doing any kind of update.  I use Carbon Copy Cloner

https://bombich.com/

If things go south when you update, it's simple to clone back to your start up drive and get back to work.  On my aging MacPro I've got an internal drive with the clone so it's just a few minutes to restart off the clone and get back to work.   The trick is to remember to update the clone before you do the software update.  Also, it provides backup if your startup drive fails...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0