• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Mac] Mercury transmit transmits to wrong display

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two displays (4k-main and 1440p-secondary), both connected via Displayport. Premiere and After Effects both show the preview on the wrong (4k, primary) display. Of course, as there's no keyboard shrtcut to disable the MT, I have to force quit Premiere as the preview window obscures the main UI (see screenshot)

It's not user error, I am choosing the correct, secondary display.

What helps sometimes is unchecking the "Displays have separate Spaces" in System Preferences-Mission Control (but then FCPX starts to have similar issue, which is a no go for my needs).

This bug is there for at least 6 years if not more. I'm currently on Big Sur 11.3.1 but it goes back to at least Sierra. Different Macs exhibit the same issue, as does using HDMI, resetting prefs, reinstalling CC and all the usual troubleshooting steps.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, as there's no keyboard shrtcut to disable the MT, I have to force quit Premiere as the preview window obscures the main UI (see screenshot)

Off course, you can make a shortcut: type in transmit in the search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I tried typing Mercury before and nothing came out 🙂 Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines