• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major crashes when exporting from Premiere and Media encoder (even Compressor) - black screen

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest versions of both, 14.3.1., iMac Pro Catalina 10.15.6

The entire system just shuts off, black screen, doesn't turn back on, have to manually push the button on the iMac. System restarts with all windows open again. I've never seen anything like this.

The console log from right before the crash:

Jul 22 09:40:10 iMP VTDecoderXPCService[17708]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Changing target queue hierarchy after xpc connection was activated; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Jul 22 09:40:11 iMP VTDecoderXPCService[17708]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Changing the target of a source after it has been activated; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Jul 22 09:40:11 iMP VTDecoderXPCService[17708]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Changing target queue hierarchy after xpc connection was activated; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Jul 22 09:40:14 iMP com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.mdworker.shared.1B000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000[17698]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[170]
Jul 22 09:40:23 iMP shutdown[17722]: SHUTDOWN_TIME: 1595428823 207485
Jul 22 09:40:23 iMP com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): System shutdown initiated by: shutdown.17722<-bash.17720<-ppupsd.189<-launchd.1
Jul 22 09:42:10 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1595428930 644195

Exporting h.264 from the timeline in Premiere as well as sending it to Media Encoder.

I've even encountered this same complete system shutdown when trying to transcode an 8k video to 4k or 1080p with Adobe AS WELL AS Compressor on the mac. The CPU spikes and then it crashes.

Anything in this log mean anything to anyone? So frustrated and consfused.

[Moderator note: title modified for clarity of issue for soliciting help.]

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's also happening in compressor, doesn't sound like a premiere problem.    do you have any external hardware except harddrives and mouse and keyboard connected?  If so, try disconnecting it.  You might also turn off wifi and disconnect ethernet if you're hardwired.  a basic Mac troubleshooting step:  first, create a new user account with admin privileges in system preferences:  users and groups.  Make sure NOTHING is loading on startup.  When you've logged out and logged in with the new user, before you do anything else, try the export that you're having the problems with.  If you are successful, we'll need to dig deeper.   Check for things that might be loading with your original user account.  Unfortunately, apple does allow apps to load automatically in other ways, so it may not be clear what's causing the problem.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if it's something low level with the processor as it's a panic kernel that completely turns the system off when using the hardware encoding with video - it's also does it with software only too so who knows.

It originally did it with a project with alot of simple .aep mogrt titles in Premiere, just couldn't get it to export. Then I rendered the entire timeline and exported it - that worked, but not when I export from the timeline without rendering first.

Then I tried to transcode an 8k file (not from that previous project - just a stock footage clip) to 1080p with both Media Encoder and Compressor, both continued to crash. HOWEVER i then opened the file in Quicktime and did an export directly from there and it worked. So something is happening at the processor/system level when it's invoking either GPU rendering or Intel Quicksync or something. This has never happened before. The iMac Pro has been solid for years with not a single kernel panic. So perhaps it's overdue for a full system reformat and fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines