Highlighted

Major Video Playback Issues

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on with the latest version of Premiere Pro.  My footage consists mainly of 4K from my Canon 1DX MKII, GoPro Hero 8 Black, and my iPhone 11 Pro.  I have an IMAC Pro with a 3.2GBH 8-Core processor, 64GB of Ram, and a Radeo Pro Vega 64 16GB card. I am running OS Catalina V10.15.5.  All of my footage is kept on the Promise Pegasus RAID drives, as well as a G-Tech Speed Shuttle with Thunderbolt 3.  

I have never had any issues up until the OS update and the Premiere Pro update that happened 2 updates ago.  I now have major issues in Premiere Pro playing my footage.  It lags constantanly, and sometimes only the audio will play.  I have to constantly restart to even try and get any work done.  It is extremely frustrating, so if anyone has any idea as to what the issue could be I would greatly appreciate it.  All of my drives are updated with the latest firmware.

Thanks so much!

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Major Video Playback Issues

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on with the latest version of Premiere Pro.  My footage consists mainly of 4K from my Canon 1DX MKII, GoPro Hero 8 Black, and my iPhone 11 Pro.  I have an IMAC Pro with a 3.2GBH 8-Core processor, 64GB of Ram, and a Radeo Pro Vega 64 16GB card. I am running OS Catalina V10.15.5.  All of my footage is kept on the Promise Pegasus RAID drives, as well as a G-Tech Speed Shuttle with Thunderbolt 3.  

I have never had any issues up until the OS update and the Premiere Pro update that happened 2 updates ago.  I now have major issues in Premiere Pro playing my footage.  It lags constantanly, and sometimes only the audio will play.  I have to constantly restart to even try and get any work done.  It is extremely frustrating, so if anyone has any idea as to what the issue could be I would greatly appreciate it.  All of my drives are updated with the latest firmware.

Thanks so much!

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We would need more info to troubleshoot the issue properly. Please let us know the effects applied on these clips and the Playback Resolution set for the Program Monitor. Also, is this happening with any specific project or with all of them? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
WEBROCK LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is happening on clips that don't even have any effects applied to them.  Also, it's happening in the source window.  When I want to review a clip to set my in and out points, that's where it's experiencing several issues.

In the Program Monitor I have it set to Full, but I've always had it like that and have never had any issues.  My biggest concern is that it's happening in the source window.  I've got that window set to 1/2.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0