Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Pr use existing reder files

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

if rendering a sequence with effects and graphics and then "make a new sequence from..." that first sequence, all rendering is gone and has to be rendered again. How to make Pr 14.0 use those existing render files?

I need that to circumvent a rendering bug. When I somehow get rid of it in the one sequence, it comes back in the next of it again. I'm aware of the possibility to export/import the sequence and wonder if there is another way.

The most important of all: how to force Pr to take that rendered stuff for the export. I get the rendering-bug-broken frame if I export the sequence. Pr must not render anything again from the rendered sequence.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that your problem has nothing to do with a buggy render.  By any chance does your sequence contain source material from either a screen recording or was shot on a smartphone?  If so, the issue is that this material has a variable frame rate and Premiere can have issues with this.  You can use mediainfo to determine whether your sources have variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If it does, you can use handbrake, a free app to fix it

https://handbrake.fr

and here's a tutorial on how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

If this is not the problem, post back and we'll dig deeper.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I don't have such footage. The rendering problem appears if using regular camera footage such as MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 and more than one layer of "specials" such as Essential Graphics, stills, AE compositions, AI illustrations with effects and transitions. I don't yet see what combination causes the problem and what doesn't.

However, there is still the problem with the lost render files which increase the time and disk space for rendering the same thing over and over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are your renders by any chance saving to a non-local drive such as something on a network or in the cloud?  If so, try rendering to a local drive and see if that solves the problem.   It's not easy to troubleshoot this sort of thing from a distance.   but we'll try.  first, please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thank you very much for your helpfulness. It's an

iMac18,3, Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 64 GB

Chipset Model: Radeon Pro 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4 GB

System Version: macOS 10.15
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.5.0

Premiere Pro 14.0

The Pr project is on the same internal SSD as the system, the footage and graphics are on the external SSD via USB-C

Capacity: 480.1 GB (480,101,007,360 bytes)
File System: Journaled HFS+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are any of the renders saved to the desktop.  I think the desktop by default is saved to the cloud.  and it's possible the documents folder is also.  I don't do this, so I don't know it for a fact...  You'll find the location of the video previews (or render files) in your project settings:  scratch disks:  video previews.  

Wait, I just reviewed your initial post.  Why are you making a new sequence from the original sequence.  You can just duplicate the sequence and keep your renders...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines