• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a dvd WITHOUT encore

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a dvd from a premier pro project. Everything I have found says I need encore - which is no longer available. And it is NOT a part of my premier pro (which I am told it should be - but its not). Any suggestions on how to burn a dvd without encore? Thanks for any and all help in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to search online for a DVD/BluRay authoring program. The company that owned the code that was used in Encore for authoring was bought by another firm, who closed that company down and restricted ... then ended ... the licenses they had granted.

Yea, it's a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink has a free trial program for creating DVD Videos.  It is Power2Go 13.  You can also create Blu-ray Discs.  You can put up to 25 minutes of H.264 video on a DVD Disc.  However, it can only be played on a Blu-ray Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many good dvd burning applications. I have used Ashampoo Burning Studio in the past - it's free and it worked great (they have a paid version as well):

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0710/burning-software/burning-studio-6-free

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jana0101 

I would suggest that what you should buy ought to reflect what you need both at the current time as well as going forwards.

Is DVD authoring something you think you could get into doing? If so then you will need not only a good authoring tool but also a way of delivering replication masters to the factory as well if pressed discs are what is required. The beauty of Encore was that it could do this, and I still find it difficult to understand why Adobe has never attempted to relicense the authorcore and bring Encore back but this is something outside anything I could know - but with even that said I find it almost impossible to believe the rightsowners would not look favourably at such a proposal as income is after all income.

If you intend to do this to the best standard, Scenarist SD is the one. It's not cheap but it is a tenth of the price it used to be and there are subscription plans available too if I remember rightly. The software is fully supported and still in active feature development with things that generally improve the quality of life - something that admittedly used to be lacking.

Next in scale would be Media Chance Labs 'DVD Lab Pro 2' - seriously good software but 2 downsides being no longer actually supported as the biggest worry but closely followed by no option to create a DDP replication master.

Burning without Encore?

IMGBurn is the boy. does everything and it's free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imgburn does not author, does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ImgBurn does not Author.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines