Making a template production

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading the white paper on Premiere Productions and I came across a section that said it was possible to create a template production.

I edit 30 second car commercials for my main job and have been using the Productions feature since it was released by splitting my footage, assets and sequences across multiple projects. I like to create a new production every 4-6 months so things do get bloated after awhile. How would I go about creating a template production which has reusable footage and assets without having to reassociate my clips each time?

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have constantly added media for each commercial. But you have other assests such as audio & graphics that you wish to keep ... is that correct?

I'm assuming you're using the suggested process, with subfolders for each type of asset or part of the project, and within those subfolders project files to store the actual assets.

Your works seems to have "constant" assets and "temp" assets. The things you want to keep, store in a folder tree of constant assets. The things (like clips of the cars for tomorrow's commercial) that are "fleeting", store in folder trees of Temp assets.

Then at any time, you can duplicate the production itself, in the dupe simply delete all the Temp projects with their assets.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
kesa98555221 AUTHOR LATEST
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines