Highlighted

Making a volleyball highlight video in Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching all over the internet for a tutorial to help me with my daughter's recruiting video.  What I want to do is to be able to pause live video, highlight my daughter, and then use motion tracking to show her (and blur out everyone else) during the play in question.

WHY is there not an easy tutorial available?  I've seen all sorts of other videographers make amazing looking videos...

Help!

Randy

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making a volleyball highlight video in Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching all over the internet for a tutorial to help me with my daughter's recruiting video.  What I want to do is to be able to pause live video, highlight my daughter, and then use motion tracking to show her (and blur out everyone else) during the play in question.

WHY is there not an easy tutorial available?  I've seen all sorts of other videographers make amazing looking videos...

Help!

Randy

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2019 0
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, 

Pause the video: https://youtu.be/mJp6t-ITCng?t=74

Highlight effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlfRIuiztHE

Let us know if you get stuck

Hey guys my name is Scoby and in todays tutorial I am going to be showing you how to create a spotlight effect in Adobe Premiere Pro! This is going to be a n...
For todays tutorial we are taking a look at 3 quick and simple ways to pull off the freeze frame effect in Adobe Premiere Pro! These methods include, "insert...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2019 0
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  I can use the effects and move the circle as I progress through the video.  I've seen some other YouTube videos that use Motion Tracking in PP and it looks like it automates it for you with very few tweaks.  I have not played with it yet but I imagine with Volleyball videos with so many moving parts it might be necessary to just freeze the video, highlight the player (as done in the tutorial you sent), and then let the video continue to play. 

As I was just watching NFL football there is a cool new NFL 100 video that shows players in color while everyone else is in B&W and they have some sweet motion graphics coming off the players.  I searched all over the internet trying to find the videos but can't find it anywhere. 

I've seen videos before, like when a player shoots a 3-pointer in BBall as the ball goes through the net the turn into a splash.  Or when a volleyball player hits a spike, the ball has fire and smoke coming off of the ball and when the ball hits the floor there's a mini-explosion.  I know it's advanced users creating this amazing content and they are probably doing these effects in After Effects.  I'm an intermediate power user in PP but a middle of the road AE user.  

Here's a link to what I am talking about.  If you scrub forward on the video you will see not only how they highlight the player but the circle stays on the player throughout the play.

https://www.vikings.com/video/nfl-n-motion-breaking-down-the-vikings-offensive-success-against-detro...

Randy Milliron

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2019 0
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know if you have determination and tenacity, you can really get things done.  I searched everywhere to try to find how it was done.  I even searched YouTube for other highlight videos.  I appreciate what other content creators did to highlight the player but it wasn't quite the quality that I was looking and in fact, it looked gimmicky.  So, since I'm not the one to settle for something less than the best, I designed my own using masks and more specifically the effect Color Balance (HLS).

Now obviously there are many very advanced content creators that use After Effects to create these but I have to say AE takes way too long to render and I don't have the time to take the time to build it in AE.  So I found a way in PP and I'm happy with the results.  I'm actually going to create a "How-To" video and post it on my YouTube channel.  Be on the lookout for that video.

Thanks for all of your help,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0