Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making copied clips "independent" in the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Option-Drag to duplicate color matte clips in my timeline. But I'd like to change the color of the clips I create without changing the previous clips. When I used to use Final Cut Pro, I think you could do something like "make clip independent." Is there something I can do like this w/ Adobe Premiere Pro?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Premiere Pro, each asset ... video clip, audio file, still, synthetic media (like color mattes & adjustment layers) whatever ... that "lives" in a project file or bin has its own Master Clip reference ... it's properties, as stored in Premiere's project file.

So you can go to the bin where that color matte is, right-click Duplicate, then open the matte, change the color.

Or you can create a new color matte from the project panel options lower right corner.

Those are your choices to get a new color matte clip in the bin, with separate colors.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines