• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making multiple clips out of one longer clip the fastest way?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I'm feeling a bit under the cloud here with this issue. I'll try to explain it as ELI5 as much as I can so everyone can understand it perfectly.

Let's say that I got one 5 hour long clip which I want to make multiple shorter clips off. For example, ten 30 minute clips. And then I want to upload them to YouTube, which I can do through Premiere.

The way I proceed with this matter is the following, in detail.

1. I first press I to Mark In where I want the clip to begin.

2. Then I change then time on the timeline from 00:00:00:00 to 00:30:00:00

3. Then I press O to Mark Out where I want the clip to end.

4. I've now marked 30 minutes of the 5 hour long timeline. So I press File, then Export in the top left corner.

5. There I change the title to for example "Episode 1" and add a thumbnail with the number 1 on it as picture for example.

6. I then press Queue and It's added to Media Encoder, waiting for the rest of the clips.

7. I then press I to Mark In for the second clip.

8. I then change the time on the timeline again from 00:30:00:00 to 01:00:00:00

9. Then I press O to Mark Out for the second clip.

10. That's the second 30 minute clip marked. I go to File and Export and then change this to Episode 2 and add a second thumbnail with the number 2.

11. I then press Queue to add it to Media encoder.

Then I continue doing so until I've made clips out of the entire 5 hour long timeline. Now let's say it would be 20 hours long. Then It would be quite a tedious process.

What I'm wondering is, is there any feature I'm unaware of? Or do I have to do all of this manually like how I described? Or is there any automatic way of doing it faster?

I'm very new to this so I don't know really what to do. The method I mentioned works, but it is taking a toll on the sanity after a while.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?