• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual Multi-Camera Method

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has long has multi-camera editing capabilities.  The first method involved manual creation of both the Source and Target sequences.  Automatic creation and syncing was added later, and a lot of folks are using that method without any difficulty.  However, there are times when things just don't work the way you expect with the automatic method.  Unfortunately, Adobe has removed the older, manual method from the Help file, so may editors new to Premiere Pro aren't even aware that manual creation is possible.

If you're having any difficulty using the automatic methods, this manual method will almost certainly resolve those issues.

1. Create a sequence to hold your footage.  (Source Sequence)

2. Add the clips, and sync them manually.

3. In the bin, right click that sequence and choose New Sequence From Clip.  (Target Sequence.)

4. In the timeline, right click on that newly nested sequence and choose Multi-Camera>Enable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is helpful! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro for more information...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that details the automatic method that anyone can already find and which sometimes does not work.

The method I list out should be put back into that document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this Jim. You're right, the manual method SHOULD be in the help files. And this is something that regularly pops up and one of "us helper types" needs to answer ... over ... and over ... and over ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence the bookmarked link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

It seems Premiere 2015.3 does not work this way...

I have tried this, and it does not work, I just end up with a new sequence with one long green clip, and in the multicam monitor, i see just the sequence clip on the right, and the left shows none of the video tracks to choose between...

This does not work:

3. In the bin, right click that sequence and choose New Sequence From Clip.  (Target Sequence.)

4. In the timeline, right click on that newly nested sequence and choose Multi-Camera>Enable.

Did PP change/remove this way of doing multicam?

tx

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still do it manually.  I just checked.  After doing multi-camera>enable you have to got to the spanner on the program monitor and choose "multi-camera".  Then the program monitor changes into the multi-camera display.

In older versions of Premiere Pro (such as CS6) you would bring up another screen instead of converting the program monitor into a multi-camera display.  I did a tutorial about this you can see on YouTube: What's new in Premiere Pro CC2015 section 4 - multi-camera - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, I will look at your tutorial, but the four steps I quoted above do not work. Not on PP 10.04 (cc 2015.4 Release)

When you follow those four steps, does it work for you??

Thanks

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aah

I was thinking that enabling the Multicam Program viewer was the same as step 4... but it is not, you HAVE to R-mouse click on sequence and choose Multicam>enable.

Your youtube video mentioned that.

Cheers mate, done.

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you HAVE to R-mouse click on sequence and choose Multicam>enable.

That is step 4, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean you have it working now mark?

Step 5- for to the spanner on the program monitor and choose multicamera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David Jim Simon and Jeba Joseph

There are 5 steps, not 4, as David points out. Jim and Jeba, you are both missing one step that the other has. A mix of your steps is the right way, ie

You have to enable the program monitor AND you have to R-mouse click on sequence and choose Multicam>enable

Thanks all, working fine...

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 5 steps

The documentation already includes sufficient information on how to edit a multicam sequence.  My listed steps are about creating a multicam sequence manually, which was missing from the documentation.

In other words, it is expected that everyone using Premiere Pro has read the full Help file before beginning a real project, and would already know step 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, not being thorough with the "help" can take a lot longer than not being helpful at all.

the four steps should be five... as it seems your four steps are meant to REPLACE the incorrect or incomplete steps on adobe's help files... these help files do not work, so you'd have to be a mind reader to know that you are meant to conflate the two lists into one 5 point list, and not take your help at face value, that there are only 4 steps.

anyhow, hopefully this thread will mean someone else will follow all FIVE steps to do what they need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, Mark, this is Jeba and I hear you. We’re sorry you feel that way and these are great inputs to have from our customers that we can always use to improve our documentation on a continuous basis. Thanks for your feedback, we'll look into these issues and update our documentation so it continues to be a delight to use our products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as it seems your four steps are meant to REPLACE the incorrect or incomplete steps on adobe's help files

It's really meant more to append them than replace them.  There is more than one way to create a multicam sequence.  The Help file only listed the auto-method, so I wrote out the manual method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your inputs, we'll include information in our documentation and provide you an updated link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intended to say, we'll include relevant information in our documentation and provide an update here.

Sincerely

Jeba Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, please let me know if this information meets your needs, thanks.

Create and edit a multi-camera sequence in Premiere Pro

Sincerely

Jeba Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

This work very well for the video....it did not bring over the audio.  I will try to grab and sync the audio but thought you may have a thought.

Thanks,

Bryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help concerning a multicam sequence.

I got 2 GoPros and 4 Audiotracks from an external recorder.1.jpg

I synced them manually in a sequence and followed the steps above.

My problem, Premiere nests the Audio, but I need 4 seperate tracks in my Multicam Seq.

2.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help concerning a multicam sequence.

You should start a new thread.  This one's not really a catch-all troubleshooter.  It's more of a user guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to use the multi-camera approach and getting this same error. In terms of your fix to synch manually and follow the steps, do you mean to put it into your source, right-click "synchronize" and then continue with your instructions? Because I get the same error. Or are you suggesting I manually match the audio and video by lining up the sticks?

Any input appreciated. thanks,

Jim Christy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are AWESOME! this solved my issue and i spent 45mintes looking for this answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines