Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

many keystrokes not working after 2021 update

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy folks,

I did the 2021 update when it become offered and since have not been able to move files around, nor begin playing a track by hitting the space bar, in Premiere.  Not only can I not move the files in increments using the often used keystrokes, but I can't even grab the files on the timeline and move them.  I am working off a 2019 16 inch Mac pro running Catlina, 10.15.4.  I have 64 gb of memory and a 2.4 8-core Intel Core i9 setup.  Is this a bug?  Is there anything I can do to fix it?  The software is nearly unuseable.

Many thanks for advice!

- Fredo 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any floating windows?  If so, that's been a problem that's been reported.  In the meantime, dock all windows or revert to 2020....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes!  That's what it was.  I moved everything to one monitor and it started working again.  So.... can't use a second monitor??  Thank you so much for your help.  I'm grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines