Marker problem

Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I placed a lot of marker on a timeline that is a view in the preview window. I open the marker panel and click on the timeline in project - all the markers appears in marker panel. I go to my program timeline and soon I click in the program or source timeline all the markers in the marker panel window disapear. To make them come back I have to click on the timeline in project window. Is there a way to keep the marker in the marker panel?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Marker problem

Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I placed a lot of marker on a timeline that is a view in the preview window. I open the marker panel and click on the timeline in project - all the markers appears in marker panel. I go to my program timeline and soon I click in the program or source timeline all the markers in the marker panel window disapear. To make them come back I have to click on the timeline in project window. Is there a way to keep the marker in the marker panel?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has two types of markers ... clip markers and sequence markers. And it's useful, but the implementation is rather confusing.

So ... which markers did you create, markers that are attached to the clip, and show directly on the clip in a sequence, or that are sequence markers, and appear on the top of the Sequence panel along the timecode listings?

And what are your marker's preferences set to in the Preferences/Media tab?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created sequence markers.

grab.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no clip is selected, the markers panel will display sequence markers, if you select the program monitor the sequence markers will be still displayed in the markers panel, but if you switch to the source monitor the markers panel will switch automatically to display the markers of the clip that is loaded in the source monitor (even if there are no markers on that clip), and you have to go back to the program monitor or the timeline to be able again to view sequence markers.

There is no option to display only sequence markers in the markers panel (I wish we have such an option) and you can't do anything about that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh! I understand now the process... Thank you very much Ali - very appreciated...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0