• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Markers disappearing

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I spent weeks putting markers on clips in an audio-only project in CC 2018. I now open the project in CC 2020 for the first time, and many of the markers are missing, and others disappear when I try to open a clip.

My patience with this software is running extremely thin. Please advise.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of opening the old project, create a brand new project in CC 2020 and go to File > Import and import the old project file into the new project. This method often works better than just open old projects so it´s worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't you just stay in cc2018?  Upgrading in the middle of a project is always somewhat dicey and it's been that way since the birth of computer video editing no matter which program you're using.  That said, I've done it many times without issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have 2018 anymore. If you have a way to get back to that version, I'm all ears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not simple but it is doable at this point.    

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

for some reason or other the installer for Encore (and I assume for the other apps) would not download from within Chrome on either a mac or a windows machine but did from Safari and Firefox.

Wouldn't be surprised if Adobe removed these links at some point so I'd download any installers that you might need in the future.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines